Zags: Kevin Ollie Interested in the Laker job | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Zags: Kevin Ollie Interested in the Laker job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie: Would Take 'Something Very Special' To Leave UConn - Lakers Nation

UConn coach Kevin Ollie said Monday that he has had no contact with the Lakers. He said he will always listen if called but it would take “something very special” to pull him away from UConn.
Katz also noted that Ollie’s family being settled and comfortable where he is at now is a factor:
He added his daughter is in high school and his son is at nearby Fordham and family is very important to him. Ollie was recruiting in Indianapolis over the weekend.
The chance to coach the Lakers would be as special as it gets in the world of hoops, especially for an LA kid. But I don't think in a million years they're going to offer him the job.

Having him linked to it, however, is a long-term win for the program. There is nothing more bigtime than saying to a recruit -- whether it's true or not -- "I chose UConn over the LA Lakers. They know that I know what it takes to win in the NBA, and you should know that I know how to get you to the NBA."

So this is a minor, short-term inconvenience that I'm certain KO will play as a long-term asset.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie: Would Take 'Something Very Special' To Leave UConn - Lakers Nation

UConn coach Kevin Ollie said Monday that he has had no contact with the Lakers. He said he will always listen if called but it would take “something very special” to pull him away from UConn.
Katz also noted that Ollie’s family being settled and comfortable where he is at now is a factor:
He added his daughter is in high school and his son is at nearby Fordham and family is very important to him. Ollie was recruiting in Indianapolis over the weekend.
What is something very special? That would be a 7 year 50 million dollar guaranteed no fire contract with KO Getting his say on all player acquisitions. To a good college coach who by most analysts had a team that underperformed last year, and what is the overwhelming indication that he will be greatly successful as an NBA coach? I'm not real worried.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Zags knocks it out of the park again... I wonder what job he and his "sources" will link KO to in a year? He's the worst.

Reaction Score
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter 34m34 minutes ago
BREAKING:Lakers and Luke Walton reach agreement on a multi-year head coaching contract. (via @Lakers)
ChQZ5AJWwAA7Qmn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul