Zags: Kevin Ollie Interested in the Laker job | The Boneyard

Zags: Kevin Ollie Interested in the Laker job

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Unless they offer him the world - and why wouldn't they do the same with Luke Walton- KO isn't going anywhere - more security at UConn plus close to his kids

Reaction Score
Of all the NBA rumors over the last few years, I think this one worries me the most. The fact that its his home, and if its true that they are willing to give him personnel control could be a tough offer to refuse, especially the fact that his current salary would be more than doubled if that was the case.

Reaction Score
No truth to it and completely made up is my guess. Even if it is true, no way they'd give KO control of personnel. He hasn't earned those kind of stripes. Even if he had, that rarely works well and the Lakers are too well run an organization to do that.

Reaction Score
No truth to it and completely made up is my guess. Even if it is true, no way they'd give KO control of personnel. He hasn't earned those kind of stripes. Even if he had, that rarely works well and the Lakers are too well run an organization to do that.
Kupchak has been there a long time too. Not sure how anxious he would be to let a rookie HC have a significant say in what has been his domain.

Reaction Score

If they really did intend to give KO total control then the Lakers organization is in even worse shape than it seems to be at present.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be the first time Zags put up some BS "sourced" story concerning KO leaving.

Reaction Score
Zags is a complete hack. I guarantee you he hasn't been anywhere near a legitimate source.

Reaction Score
The only person who has gotten an actual quote from KO is Katz.

Zags reporting based on sources close to the situation, which is what he did last year and we saw how that turned out, and the other guy is reporting based on someone who is familiar with KO's thinking(whatever that means).

Reaction Score
I hope he doesn't leave. It's funny though, many on here bashed him all season as we struggled, and questioned his abilities. And now look at the rumors! Obviously he is a valuable Coach, and even at a higher level than college basketball. We are truly lucky to have him.

Ps. I would think once again this elevates his value and maybe more kids consider uconn that may not have before.

Reaction Score
Best thing anyone can do is unfollow that guy. His stuff is crap and has been proven so frequently.

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised he's interested it's where he's from but Walton seems to clearly be the first choice I'll be be concerned if Walton says he's staying in Oakland until then nothing to see here

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If it's possible here on The Boneyard, let's be objective here for just one second and not start destroying Zagoria.

If I'm Ollie, of course I listen and am interested. It's the Los Angeles Lakers for God's sake. As much as Ollie says he is not going anywhere, anything could happen. Just look at Brad Stevens, that guy was worshipped and created a monster at Butler. He signed a huge contract extension and said he plans on going nowhere else. His heart has, is and always will be in Indiana. But when the Boston Celtics come calling and say "Hey, here's 22 million dollars, come be the head coach of the most storied basketball franchise in the world", it's hard to turn down.
Ultimately, I think Ollie stays because the Lakers are such a hot mess right now. At the bottom of the league, and why would a superstar like Durant want to go to that mess, especially in the Western Conference, where the Lakers are lightyears away from a title. But I would not be surprised whether Ollie stays or goes. Either way, with the ever-turning coaching carousel in the NBA, he's bound to have many more opportunities down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom