Zags article on t. waters and some ham info | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zags article on t. waters and some ham info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He is:

“I think it’s a good thing, more importantly than anything with the early signing period, to get kids going to schools that fit them and fit who they are,” said RENS executive director Andy Borman, a nephew of Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski and a member of the Blue Devils’ 2001 NCAA championship team. “All four of our boys have the right fit.”

http://nypost.com/2015/11/20/how-nyc-aau-program-matches-hoop-stars-with-right-colleges/

Don't like the sound of that at all

Reaction Score
Yeah, don't like the sound of that. If anyone has an account on the bibles board could they ask Oz his knowledge of the situation. Just curious to where his full confidence is coming from

He is very good friends with ollie that where his info comes from (ko and the staff) he is in touch with them regularly. Some of it is his own opinion Also attends a lot of the circuit events and talk with recruit when he has the opportunity

Reaction Score
He is very good friends with ollie that where his info comes from (ko and the staff) he is in touch with them regularly. Some of it is his own opinion Also attends a lot of the circuit events and talk with recruit when he has the opportunity

And everyone should remember this because it doesn't mean Oz is foolproof. He's just going to relay things he sees/hears but it doesn't mean he can read 16-22 year olds minds.

I am curious about him, though. When did he pop up? Why bibles instead of here? What's his relation to the staff besides the fact he seems to be close with Ollie? Granted most of that shouldn't be public anyway.

Reaction Score
IV said it before.we need HD and zach brown in 17.one down already. But I'd take MAL if HD is out.

Yup. Obviously we all want Ham. But if we do miss out on him, MAL will do. MAL is a winner and would be a perfect fit at UConn.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
And everyone should remember this because it doesn't mean Oz is foolproof. He's just going to relay things he sees/hears but it doesn't mean he can read 16-22 year olds minds.

I am curious about him, though. When did he pop up? Why bibles instead of here? What's his relation to the staff besides the fact he seems to be close with Ollie? Granted most of that shouldn't be public anyway.

Someone posted a while back that he hates the BY due to the criticism his friend KO receives, hence why he stays away.

Reaction Score
Sometimes coaches are 99.9% certain a recruit is coming, and then they receive a shock surprise. So, even coaches are known to have false expectations.

Reaction Score
Per Ozzie

Ozzie3178Well-Known Member
NewNothing has turned!!

It is called recruiting. Other schools are allowed to recruit whom they want when they want. Just like we are.

But best of luck to the others in this one

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Someone posted a while back that he hates the BY due to the criticism his friend KO receives, hence why he stays away.

Nonsense.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Nonsense.

If I had more time on my hands, I would find the permalink. Someone else asked him on the other board and posted his response here, it wasn't me.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You have plenty of time on your hands.

Reaction Score
Per Ozzie

Ozzie3178Well-Known Member
NewNothing has turned!!

It is called recruiting. Other schools are allowed to recruit whom they want when they want. Just like we are.

But best of luck to the others in this one
Im not all that familiar with Ozzie. I know that he is right most of the time but does anyone know if he has ever been wrong about recruits in the past?

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say Waters has no interest in UConn.
It also doesn't sound like UConn has been going as hard after him since we signed Gilbert.

Reaction Score
Im not all that familiar with Ozzie. I know that he is right most of the time but does anyone know if he has ever been wrong about recruits in the past?
U r setting yourself up for disappointment if u think anyone is infallible. He is right a lot but no one gets them 100%.

Reaction Score
I've always pointed out that JC and staff once popped a champagne cork to celebrate landing their top target, Bill Curley. Only to have him change his mind and commit to BC the next day. Even the insidiest of insiders can be wrong.

It worked out ok for us - since getting Curley probably means no spot for Donyell Marshall the next year.

Reaction Score
Kentucky officially offered Diallo today. Finkelstein just tweeted it. Going to be even better now when he commits here and we beat out K and Cal

Reaction Score
When I think of recruiting misses and Boneyard hysteria I think of Brandon Bass.

Reaction Score
Everyone might as well stop recruiting Waters right now. He's Duke bound, no question about it.

Reaction Score

Without having seen the other site, I'd be very surprised if criticism of our head coach is confined to this board.

Reaction Score
We were pretty early in on hamidou, similar to Adams I'll be disappointed if we don't land him. KO has recruited the heck out of him since he was ranked 50-100, I mean last year he was quoted as essentially saying uconn was leading his recruitment.

Without having seen the other site, I'd be very surprised if criticism of our head coach is confined to this board.
Other site is more tame, not a lot of people standing on their soapbox preaching about coaching/ x&os. Not to say KO has never deserved criticism, i'll be the first one to support him attending some coaching clinics to help him coach offense...

Reaction Score
The UK rivals folks are certain they're gonna get Diallo, so let's pack up shop.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Other site is more tame, not a lot of people standing on their soapbox preaching about coaching/ x&os. Not to say KO has never deserved criticism, i'll be the first one to support him attending some coaching clinics to help him coach offense...

We're also larger in size, hence there's going to be more people expressing any given point of view.

Reaction Score
We were pretty early in on hamidou, similar to Adams I'll be disappointed if we don't land him. KO has recruited the heck out of him since he was ranked 50-100, I mean last year he was quoted as essentially saying uconn was leading his recruitment.

We've been early on so many others in the past and we were their early favorites too. They're kids, change their minds. If he wants to be a Husky he will, if he wants to fall for the UK BS he will. We have no control but KO will find the right guy no matter how it turns, that's the good news.

Reaction Score
We're also larger in size, hence there's going to be more people expressing any given point of view.
yeah thats probably the case , though i've seen some smaller sized message boards have some nut jobs posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom