Zags: Abdul Malik Abu Impresses in Loss, Talks Schools | The Boneyard

Zags: Abdul Malik Abu Impresses in Loss, Talks Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pc fans on tos think cooley will sign him...uf fans also feel like they are in good shape.. hope we get him or black

Reaction Score
Just an FYI on PC. The guy who runs the Expressions AAU program has a very good relationship with Ed Cooley. He will be selling PC to Abu. I'm certain of that.

Reaction Score
I will eat so much crow if he goes to pc from pc fans on tos boards

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Abu wants to make it to the NBA. It's going to come down to which school has a better chance at getting him there. UConn, KU, and others lead that category. PC falls so short.

I look at this PC/Abu issue the same way as the Purvis/North Carolina Central issue. He likes the hometown team, but he knows it won't help him in the long-run or he'll be just another mid-major standout. Obviously PC is better than NCC, but you get the idea.

Reaction Score
This is from Alex Kline answering a Peach Jam question:

"Haven't seen the Providence staff yet, but I continue to hear Pascal will wind up there."

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

"Haven't seen the Providence staff yet, but I continue to hear Pascal will wind up there."

I seriously think the Fairfield Prep staff will sell him to another Catholic school. I really think UConn is falling behind and won't get him, which scares me because we need to lock him up.

Reaction Score

so odd....

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Abu wants to make it to the NBA. It's going to come down to which school has a better chance at getting him there. UConn, KU, and others lead that category. PC falls so short.

I look at this PC/Abu issue the same way as the Purvis/North Carolina Central issue. He likes the hometown team, but he knows it won't help him in the long-run or he'll be just another mid-major standout. Obviously PC is better than NCC, but you get the idea.

You do know Purvis went to NC State, right? :oops:

Reaction Score
You do know Purvis went to NC State, right? :oops:

Purvis had NC Central under consideration because his Mom went there, never really thought it was that serious. As an aside, I think people are going to have to come to grips that Cooley can recruit, and it helps that he is from the area and has spent a great deal of his coaching career in NE and has built up strong ties.

Reaction Score
I haven't heard of any UConn involvement with Chuckwu since Feb. Ollie was quoted recently stating a PF & combo guard are priorities.
Most reports have Joseph as a Syracuse lean.

Reaction Score
I haven't heard much of us and Chukwu recently either. Maybe Ollie thinks there is no need for him with Amida Brimah already here. We are involved with so many studs, not at all worried about this class, it's going to turn out great.

Reaction Score
Seriously how can anyone be sold on PC over UConn? What could his coach possibly be telling him that could make him want to play for jack-o-lantern-head and a completely irrelevant program? Lots of PT? I just don't get it
I usually refer to him as Firehead but I think I like yours better. Seriously though, how can PC ever have any advantage over us in recruiting?

Reaction Score
I haven't heard of any UConn involvement with Chuckwu since Feb. Ollie was quoted recently stating a PF & combo guard are priorities.
Most reports have Joseph as a Syracuse lean.

Between Nolan, Facey, and Brimah, you have to imagine that one of them -- or a combination -- will be able to hold down the center position over the next 3-4 years. (Remember this is college, they're not going against Shaq every night.)

I think a slightly bulkier DD replacement is necessary at the PF. Could Abu or Black fill that role?

It's interesting that he says a combo guard is needed. Does that mean he thinks Samuel will be starting in 2014? That Purvis will be playing PG? I'd almost rather get a PG and let Purvis play that "combo" position a la Ben Gordon, with Samuel as a backup.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Between Nolan, Facey, and Brimah, you have to imagine that one of them -- or a combination -- will be able to hold down the center position over the next 3-4 years. (Remember this is college, they're not going against Shaq every night.)

I think a slightly bulkier DD replacement is necessary at the PF. Could Abu or Black fill that role?

It's interesting that he says a combo guard is needed. Does that mean he thinks Samuel will be starting in 2014? That Purvis will be playing PG? I'd almost rather get a PG and let Purvis play that "combo" position a la Ben Gordon, with Samuel as a backup.

It looks to me like Abu is the most power-type power forward we are looking at. He looks really good...great leaper, can shoot the 3, strong, aggressive player. I agree that it looks to me that a top flight PG would be a bigger need than a SG. Daniel Hamilton was calling himself a SG earlier and he goes with Omar and Purvis. Maybe it is clear to KO that we don't have a real shot at Chukwu, or maybe he does not see him as a significant upgrade over Brimah. It would be nice to add a strong and athletic 4 or 5 to provide another option to our string bean front line.

Reaction Score
I'm not into childish taunts about anothers features. But, FriarJ, you do realize that numerous PC fans referred to Calhoun as "mumbles".
Doesn't make faulting Cooley's features as right, but it does go both ways.

Reaction Score
Faulting a guy for being overweight, short, tall, ugly etc is one thing; making fun of a physical malady is quite another.

But whatever floats your boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox