Zach Edey Helps Fallen NC State Player | The Boneyard

Zach Edey Helps Fallen NC State Player

Reaction Score
Don’t know if anyone noticed but this opposing guy got crushed and Edey lent his hand to help him stand up but when the guy realized it was him he went angry crazy. Players don’t often help opposing players out that way, but Edey happens to be a nice person for all his size and bulk. BTW Clingan is too as we can tell from his interviews.
Anyway these guys don’t have that mean stick it in your face thing that Cam can have (and we all love). Both Zach and Donovan are saying all the right things in the lead up about respect for each other and that is a good thing.

Reaction Score
If an opposing player had tried to help me up in a game I would have shanked them. That just isn't how it works... don't ask me why.

Good thing I never played

Reaction Score
I did see this. But they guy didn’t think Edey was picking him up, he thought Edey was more pulling him away, unless I’m thinking of a different play (Diarra I believe).

Also saw a couple Hawkeyes pickup Edwards off the floor Friday. Was one of them Caitlin?

Reaction Score
I did see this. But they guy didn’t think Edey was picking him up, he thought Edey was more pulling him away, unless I’m thinking of a different play (Diarra I believe).

Also saw a couple Hawkeyes pickup Edwards off the floor Friday. Was one of them Caitlin?
Once, he did help a NCS player up, but a Purdue player was underneath the NCS player. That was probably the main reason.

Reaction Score
He’s a real nice dude off the court but he talks some trash on the court. Nothing out of line but I can see why you’d bat his arm away in the heat of the moment.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
if look at the thing, the NCS guy fell on top of a Purdue guy & Edey pulled the NCS guy off of his guy by the arm from behind, it wasn't exactly trying to be helpful as much as it was Edey looking out for his teammate

Reaction Score
if look at the thing, the NCS guy fell on top of a Purdue guy & Edey pulled the NCS guy off of his guy by the arm from behind, it wasn't exactly trying to be helpful as much as it was Edey looking out for his teammate
I missed that, makes sense.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

He helped pull the player off his own guy, that's what I saw

He seems nice enough, no complaints, I just don't think he was being a good samaritan in that spot

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
People have no clue what was going through Edey’s mind. I thought Diarra was being kind of a jerk, but again, he was reacting in real time.

Reaction Score
DJ Burns also tried to help a Purdue guy up after running him over at one point, but then he realized the play was still going on all around him and thought better of it. Don't know if anyone else caught that, but I found it an amusing window into his nice-guy personality.

Reaction Score
I’ve noticed a lot of guys helping up opponents this season. I think the friendliness between players, especially those that know each other from AAU, is a blessing and shows that this generation has class and has been raised with an open mind.. The strong friendships between black and white players are particularly nice to see. The relationships formed on my son’s AAU teams between black, white, Indian and Hispanic kids are lifelong in some cases. They all love each other.

Reaction Score
Don’t like when guys don’t accept the offer but I get it.

Edey/Byrnes had some laughs and Zach said he was a good guy. Notice Pringle and DC share some laughs too it’s was initialized by Pringle and made DC laugh and reply.

Reaction Score
With his size and looks, Edey would make a good villain in the next James Bond movie.

IMG_1039.jpeg

Reaction Score
During the game I have never noticed the 'nice guy' Clingan. His swats comes with a verbal and non verbal (e.g. that menacing stare) message. He's too fiercely competitive to be nice.

Just saying, he may look nice, but Clingan is cut throat to me and a killer.

Reaction Score
People have no clue what was going through Edey’s mind. I thought Diarra was being kind of a jerk, but again, he was reacting in real time.
We have the good Diarra. NC State's Diarra played terribly in the games I've watched. He can rebound sometimes, but has no shot or offensive game.

Reaction Score
Think that Diarra was just frustrated at the time as his team was getting beaten badly on a big stage, so he wasn't thinking straight and didn't know what or why Edey was doing that. These are still young adults who get caught up in the emotions of the moment and don't use the best judgement.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If an opposing player had tried to help me up in a game I would have shanked them. That just isn't how it works... don't ask me why.

Good thing I never played
It shouldn't surprise you that it did not used to be that way. Actually, I hope you know this.

And yes, THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO AND IT'S NOT BOOMERS' WORLD ANYMORE

Last thought on the subject, asked in an even more friendly spirit.

In the Illinois game when Karaban dunked during the 30-0 run, Shannon undercut him (even if mostly by momentum), and Alex held strong onto the rim to avoid going straight down onto his back. He related the story that way during his "Connecticut Scoreboard" podcast interview with @gwhuskyfan.

Three teammates rushed to help lower Alex down to the floor.

It looked to me like Shannon started to circle back toward AK with some measure of apology/concern, and that the Husky teammates were circled around like linemen protecting quarterback and put out a strong "NOT HERE, we got this, no apologetic concern wanted or needed" vibe. Shannon turned around rather than argue that boundary call.

Anybody else see it that way?

If nothing else, it signaled a consciousness (maybe a conscience even), and made a situationally unsympathetic guy -- who has some optics and other pending issues -- seem closer to human than monster, for whatever that's worth.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom