Yuri Wright | The Boneyard

Yuri Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Wow. Just wow.

After reading that, I'm considering not allowing my daughter to date until she's 30 - and even then I will demand to be a chaperone...

Reaction Score
I found those funny because as an 18 year old, that was constantly on my mind as well. It reads like the ramblings of sex starved 18 year old. That said twitter is a bad idea for young people. Even some of our beloved huskies post some strange stuff. That kid has seen some scholarship opportunities vaporize because of his tweets. There is a life lesson in there for him somewhere.

Reaction Score
The thing is, those tweets were private (that's what email and texting is for!!) and one of the people reading those released them for all to see.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
The reality is if you want to express yourself in private, buy a journal. If you have one person following you it's open to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Nevermind not going to Michigan, he just got expelled from school for the tweets!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lots of those tweets are rap lyrics but you've got to be smart enough to realize many/most people won't know that. Bad decisions.

Reaction Score
it's unfortunate this kid doesn't have any adults in his life that care enough to supervise him and tell him when he's being an ass

Reaction Score
And this relates to Uconn football how?

"suckin face with a nigga", Daddychoc, thanks for bringing this and the rest of his comments to my attention. Probably would have missed it otherwise.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
And this relates to Uconn football how? :confused:

"suckin face with a nigga", Daddychoc, thanks for bringing this and the rest of his comments to my attention. Probably would have missed it otherwise.
anytime...

Reaction Score
it's unfortunate this kid doesn't have any adults in his life that care enough to supervise him and tell him when he's being an ass

We don't know that from this situation. How many parents are monitoring their kids tweets? You should need a license to tweet just like you do for driving. Adults have lost high profile jobs due to their shenanigans on twitter and facebook. Stupid yes, I wouldn't question the kids upbringing cause of it. It was like reading my stream of consciousness as an 18yr old. Thankgod there was no twitter then

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Anyone else think he gets expelled if football season is still underway?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems harsh. The kid clearly has some emotional/behavioral issues and needs to learn respect for others but it mostly sounds like the immature slang of an overstimulated teenager to me.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
here i'll get the blood going a bit on this board:

-I hope PP calls him asap with all those other schools dropping like flies.

Reaction Score
We don't know that from this situation. How many parents are monitoring their kids tweets? You should need a license to tweet just like you do for driving. Adults have lost high profile jobs due to their shenanigans on twitter and facebook. Stupid yes, I wouldn't question the kids upbringing cause of it. It was like reading my stream of consciousness as an 18yr old. Thankgod there was no twitter then

i sure as hell know my parents would have monitored mine and if my kids ever feel the need to broadcast their idiocy i'll sure as hell monitor theirs. if this was around when i was 18, who knows what idiotic crap i'd have put up there, but luckily between parents, teachers, and neighbors if i put something up like this i'd have heard about it and been corrected well before it got to this point.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
i sure as hell know my parents would have monitored mine and if my kids ever feel the need to broadcast their idiocy i'll sure as hell monitor theirs.
at 18yrs old your parents were snooping around... watching your every move. We're not talking about a 7yr old on AOL Kids

Reaction Score
at 18yrs old your parents were snooping around... watching your every move. We're not talking about a 7yr old on AOL Kids

we're not talking about snooping through a kids diary. if i were quoted on any kind of publication, or broadcasting my views through some kind of widely viewed editiorial format i think any decent parent would check out what they're saying from time to time. some parents like to pretend that 18 year olds need to be treated as adults, but it's pretty clear from this kids behavior that he can't handle being treated as an adult. considering the percentage of kids in their mid 20s that still live with their parents i think it's time we get realistic about when someone really deserves to be treated as an adult

Reaction Score
If you're parents would have monitored your tweets, when you were growing up, are you Steve carell in the forty year old virgin? Just kidding, but you can't shield your kids from everything.

I don't particularly like twitter and kids should learn from something like this, but its far from being heinous. Poor lack of judgement for sure.

Reaction Score
you can't and shouldn't shield your kids from everything. i agree with that. you need to let them make their own mistakes and learn from them, but you also need to provide some guidance and it's apparent that this kid didn't get enough.

Reaction Score
here i'll get the blood going a bit on this board:

-I hope PP calls him asap with all those other schools dropping like flies.

DISCLAIMER --- I did not see the tweet nor do I have a twitter (or any other social media) account - I have enough trouble living in the real world.

But, I agree. Who is more likely to get in trouble tweeting as a UConn student - the kid that got caught, expelled, and lost schollies or the one who has not gotten in trouble yet? The internet and social media is a disaster waiting to happen for these kids - they have no idea as to the permanency of their actions - this is not graffiti one can paint over. If you like the kid, he qualifies and you think you can help him individually grow and potentially use his experience to help his teammates (who may be doing something similar), do it.

Reaction Score
The thing is, those tweets were private (that's what email and texting is for!!) and one of the people reading those released them for all to see.

Private suggests limited - from Rivals ....

It has been met with some backlash as Wright's comments were pulled from a private - not public - Twitter account and intended for his own personal friends.
That being said, the [private] account had more than 1,500 followers.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
His tweets are private and are only viewable by his followers. Since his account is private he would need to accept each person individually as a follower. His problem seems to be that he approved too many people- probably including people he doesn't know- and someone snitched.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If this can play and handle the academics, by all means please go get him if everyone else bails.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
His tweets are private and are only viewable by his followers. Since his account is private he would need to accept each person individually as a follower. His problem seems to be that he approved too many people- probably including people he doesn't know- and someone snitched.
an alum saw it and questioned it... most likely he accepted anyone or maybe he thought the alum was cool and would understand his comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom