YouTube video - Geno watches Ayanna Patterson + article from Indy paper | The Boneyard

YouTube video - Geno watches Ayanna Patterson + article from Indy paper

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
End of Article

Auriemma jetted into Fort Wayne for Patterson's game, then flew out to Massachusetts immediately afterwards to watch another 2022 commit compete. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
End of Article

Auriemma jetted into Fort Wayne for Patterson's game, then flew out to Massachusetts immediately afterwards to watch another 2022 commit compete. :)
That's interesting. The only noteworthy Massachusetts uncommitted prospect is Kayla Lezama who may have been a HS teammate of Caroline Ducharme.

Correction: It appears She has committed to Boston College.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That's interesting. The only noteworthy Massachusetts uncommitted prospect is Kayla Lezama who may have been a HS teammate of Caroline Ducharme.

It says “2022 commit”, not an unsigned prospect. Anything going on at the Hall of Fame this week?

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m grasping for straws here but I did some digging on social media sites and found that CD liked a tweet about a player who is at Northeastern which happens to be in Mass by the name of Claudia Soriano could it possibly be her? Wouldn’t imagine CD would just like that tweet for no reason although it would be odd considering she hasn’t announced she’s transferring or anything.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Maybe I’m grasping for straws here but I did some digging on social media sites and found that CD liked a tweet about a player who is at Northeastern which happens to be in Mass by the name of Claudia Soriano could it possibly be her? Wouldn’t imagine CD would just like that tweet for no reason although it would be odd considering she hasn’t announced she’s transferring or anything.

Certainly interesting. Soriano's a freshman from Spain who had some acclaim coming into college. She's near the national lead in steals at 3.5 per game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Kids’ a player. Another European.

Reaction Score
Certainly interesting. Soriano's a freshman from Spain who had some acclaim coming into college. She's near the national lead in steals at 3.5 per game.

From that Northeastern bio page

Why Northeastern? Boston is a multicultural city that is always alive

That should probably rule out Storrs:p.

Reaction Score
She’s on the roster at Northeastern. The NCAA frowns on coaches poaching players from other teams.
Another recruiting rule that was the result of Summitt poaching her way to her 1st title.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Another recruiting rule that was the result of Summitt poaching her way to her 1st title.
I don’t think so. Coaches aren’t allowed to recruit a girl after the NLOI is signed and that’s been the rule forever.

Reaction Score
I don’t think so. Coaches aren’t allowed to recruit a girl after the NLOI is signed and that’s been the rule forever.

Yes, but this rule goes way back. After Pat played in the Olympics she had "conversations" with 2 of her team mates at the next FF who were also AA's and on other rosters. The 2 players announced they were "transferring" to Tenn. They were able to play immediately and the next season Pat won her 1st title. The tampering rule followed.

There are no-contact periods in HS recruiting and yet coaches can still attend HS games. Are you sure that Geno would be breaking a rule by simply attending a game?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, but this rule goes way back. After Pat played in the Olympics she had "conversations" with 2 of her team mates who were also AA's and on other rosters. The 2 players announced they were "transferring" to Tenn and the next season Pat won her 1st title.

There are no-contact periods in HS recruiting and yet coaches can attend HS games. Are you sure that Geno would be breaking a rule by simply attending a game?
He can attend any college game he wants. I doubt he’d risk his reputation by recruiting a kid who’s already on a college roster to woo her to UConn. Even if she enters the portal, he needs permission from the school to contact her.

This is a kinda odd turn in conversation, TBH

Reaction Score
He can attend any college game he wants. I doubt he’d risk his reputation by recruiting a kid who’s already on a college roster to woo her to UConn. Even if she enters the portal, he needs permission from the school to contact her.

This is a kinda odd turn in conversation, TBH
You questioned my thought that Geno was looking at the player might for the USF coach due to the number of Spanish players Fernandez recruits. You suggested it was tampering. Frankly I don't know but I don't think sitting in the stands is illegal recruiting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Someone told Soriano that she should play for the Huskies. She mis-understood and chose Northeastern. ;)

She's shooting 42/36/80 and averaging 3.5 spg, 6th in the nation.

Reaction Score
Ice is at a tourney in Arizona. Is there someone we don’t know about?
@Sluconn Husky would know
Maybe, I only thought if he was going to see a player that was committed for 22 and he had just seen Ayanna, so it had to be Ice. I was unaware of any other commits from that class, but maybe there is a Juco or someone in the portal that has made a verbal that isn't public yet.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In the SEC no one would report Pat Summit and she did what she liked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom