You're the coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You're the coach

Reaction Score
Double screen for Bouk for him to curl into a pass at the elbow. Option to flare a screener for a 3. 2nd screener big man posts up on the block.
This should be play #1 for our half court offense anyway. But sure. I did like that fading curl to the opposite corner three that cv got fouled in the other night. Pass from aa. It’s a tight baseline pass but why not. Here’s what I won’t do. Allow either pg sans, adams (who goes strong), to drive past the foul line. If they start pulling up, I can live with that. Go too deep. Disaster. FYI. Our #2 play should be cv curling to the shoulder. He is cold blooded from there and hits a lot more of those than you would. Think. And having a 90% free throw shooter taking jumpers at the same spot makes more sense than anything. When aa proves he can finish we can start going over the top. I love the rocks on that kid though. Rail thin who thinks he’s 250+.

Reaction Score
Down by by two, shot clock is off, what do you call? Specifically, what are running? How long do run clock before starting. What is option 1 and what is option 2? Who do you want talking the shots?

Run the clock down to ten with ball movement, screen for Gilbert (or Vital) from the three, flash Bouk for the dump down if the three isn't there.

Everybody doesn't like what they are seeing from Hurley, what's your idea.
First move is I enter the game, a legendary CYO player from Saint Mary's Parochial School in West Orange, NJ. Adam's inbounds to me, Two Sheds Jackson and I drive to top of the key where Whalley sets a pick and I attempt to drive the right side of the lane. I then kick the ball out to Vitale on the right for a 3 point attempt. If Vitale, who is option 1, is defended well, he passes to Whalley who is now hovering at the top of the key. Whalley takes the 3 point shot. This takes place within 15 seconds.

Two Sheds, grinning wildly, is carried off the court on his team mates shoulders as he flashes the victory sign at the roaring crowd.

C

Chief00

Your top option needs to be able to shoot foul shots, which eliminates Gilbert and Carlton. As @CL82 says the options are limited. Akok could probably get his shot off over someone but he has been in a slump, so I guess Bouknight is the guy almost by a process of elimination and his shooting percentage is what it is. Perhaps Vital if the refs are blowing the whistle and you might get to the foul line but you risk a wild 3 or turnover.

Reaction Score
All you guys giving Bouknight the ball are aware he doesn’t want it in that situation, right? Vital or Gilbert are 5he only guys willing to shoot at the horn. Oh, or they walk on kid.. The others can’t give it up fast enough.

Reaction Score
Depends on the defense, but I put CV and Akok in a pick and roll with Adams spotting up in he opposite corner and Bouk curling back up top off a Whaley pin down.

Reaction Score
Take the 10 second violation and save the embarrassment.

Reaction Score
Someone said pick and roll. When was the last time we got the ball to the roll man? If the D is m-m and the player with the ball waits for the pick to be set and the roll man gets the D on his back he is open every time. Maybe Whaley -great on rolling to get open- a couple of times doing this during the season. We need to see and use the roll man undefensable.

Reaction Score
I'm getting an open look for my my 45% 3 pt shooter because I'm also a great recruiter

Reaction Score
Someone said pick and roll. When was the last time we got the ball to the roll man? If the D is m-m and the player with the ball waits for the pick to be set and the roll man gets the D on his back he is open every time. Maybe Whaley -great on rolling to get open- a couple of times doing this during the season. We need to see and use the roll man undefensable.
Whaley had 2 moving screen violations. Hopefully the can make the pick without fouling. We have had problems with the screen and pick.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
If the opposition plays zone, flash Bouk at the foul line, have Carlton set a screen for Akok under the basket, Bouk fakes the shot and throws a lob to Akok for the dunk. If they play man to man, set up everyone at the 3 point line, set two screens off the ball on each wing for two backdoor cutters in Akok and Bouk and whoever is open gets the pass for the lay up while the other crashes the boards for a missed shot.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Depends on the defense, but I put CV and Akok in a pick and roll with Adams spotting up in he opposite corner and Bouk curling back up top off a Whaley pin down.
Sounds like my suggestion. I like it.

Reaction Score
CV or AG to the rim for a running layup while falling out of bounds looking for a foul.

Hey I'm thinking like Coach!

Reaction Score
I'm not a good Xs and Os guy but I will take this off topic kind of.
Why dont we ever do 2 for 1s in the final minute? It's one of the greatest gifts a coach can get but so seldom utilized.
Boggles the friggin mind.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don't ever, ever, ever surrender the lead. That has to be job one for a team whose coach in every interview says, "Our defense is really good. We just don't have the offense yet."

And I fully expect to see Rick Astley if I click on the horizontal blue box in the OP, so no thank you.

Reaction Score
I would go 4 low with the ball in Gilbert or Bouknights hands and let them have room to work. I’m pretty sure we would get a decent shot every time

Reaction Score
It’s not about the last possession. It’s the 3 to 5 that preceded it. The key is floor spacing, rotational movement with screens in whatever series or patterns of movements the coach wants to free up shot options. The offense is standing around waiting for somebody else to make a play. We reduce to a CV bad 3 or a PG drive into the trees. It’s just beyond pathetic watching the same thing unfold game over game. It’s anomalous and not even in line with the statistical probability based on scoring possession conversion rates. At worst we take 3 of 7 of the games if they played like the other 38 minutes. Sorry, Hurley has to do better. A lot better.
And when that bad 3 goes up there is usually 3 other people standing outside so no one to rebound.

Reaction Score
AG or CV taking an open deep 3 at the 12 second mark. Once that clock gets under 10 the quality of the shot deteriorates quickly for this team so i’m ok with open 3. We might even get a rebound on the miss. Now if we get the bucket we can win with defense, our strength and maybe we can close out the game on defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom