Your Thoughts on Gabby's Performances? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Your Thoughts on Gabby's Performances?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
and exactly how can you tell that I am implying anything?!?!

You brought up maybe she isn't "happy." So if her role is reduced-- she isn't playing "happy." That's implying she's not trying to play her best because she is "not happy" with what the coach is doing vs last year, correct? Otherwise-- as I asked before-- what do you mean by "happy?" Note when I posted to you - I said - "it sounds like." What is the relevance of your "happy" comment then if it doesn't have anyhting to do with being a bit selfish with her "supposed reduced role." -- Whatever that means. I'm asking what that means.

You are the one that brought up "happy" and "reduced role." To reply to your other post to me regarding hoopsfan - I have little beef with him or her pertaining to this thread - I didn't see hoopsfan's post before replying to yours. But hoopsfan said nothing about Gabby being "happy or not." You did. As for "reduced role" - I'd ask you and hoopsfan what he or she meant too if it had something to do with this thread. Maybe you and he think reduced minutes and reduced rebounds and points is a reduced role? I wouldn't - I consider a role to mean for example "a rebounder" not neccessarily "how many rebounds you get." As far as minutes, - she averaged 29.3 minutes last year. This year near 26.8. Consider she would have played more in the ND game if not for the migraines. How "reduced" is she? Though again this isn't so important I'd argue with you or or hoopsfan or anyone else on.

It's your issue of relevance when you also brought up Gabby being "happy" which hoopsfan didn't. You did also make it a point to bring up how other players were "stealing" stats from her. For you to even think Gabby is not happy -- why would you say it? What is the relevance of even thinking she would "not be happy?" When you use the expression that one player is "stealing stats" from another and then wondering if Gabby is happy. Can you imagine Gabby suggesting to Geno or any of the coaches that she is unhappy in her "reduced role" and she is bothered by players that are stealing her stats? OFC I know you didn't mean that. But your point on "Gabby being happy" (along with mentioning how players as you deliberately phrase it- are "stealing her stats") makes no sense to me unless you are implying she is selfish. Otherwise there is no relevance to bring this up in the manner you did between "happy/reduced role/stealing stats." -- Unless you think Gabby is selfish.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pouting on the bench is a selfish act. Putting personal goals above team success is a selfish act. I don't see that Gabby's make up.
Agreed. Not sure why Gabby's expressions are translated as "pouting" by some. Suspect its more self imposed pressure but never a good idea to predict what is on other's minds.

Reaction Score
It's still early. Give it some time. So far the entire team has not had much of a rhythm. KLS is the 1st, 2nd option. NaPheesa until about a game ago was not playing as her usual self. KLS has been in and out of the line up. AS has been in and out of the starting line up. They all are playing evolving roles that have not been set for the year.
She is still suffering from migraines and is very touch about it. So give it a minute or two.
And Phessa is still missing in-close shots she made at an 80% clip last year.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Gabby is still the great Gabby and I have confidence on her.
The only thing I wish is if she can reduce the TO number. Because her speed is so fast she may make more TOs than other UConn players. I hope she can slow down in some cases.
Her speed has nothing to do with her turnovers. She is making too many forced passes that has nothing to do with speed It's strange that Geno says he can't get upset with her turnovers because she will immediately make a steal, per the announcers. How is that different from a player scoring 15 points and allowing the player she is defending to score 20 points? That seems like a double standard. Many of her turnovers lead directly to a three point basket. Some turnovers are a result of the player she is passing to not coming to meet the ball. Regardless, I believe Gabby will eventually start playing like she is capable and help raise the level of team play. I believe if or when her migraines cease, she will return to the level of play we saw last season. Gabby will be fine, imo.

Reaction Score
It's also possible her pre season AA status is weighing on her. Last year she exploded onto the national scene, seemingly catching the rest of the country (but not many of us) by surprise. Perhaps Gabby has mentally told herself she has to play superhuman now in every game.......

Reaction Score
I could Nit pick or miss use your own words saying: So, you are NOT a Uconn Fan, just a Gabby fan! But any Gabby fan has to be a Uconn fan. A few comments on YOUR comments:
Your comment on Gabby--not getting a triple double--happens in other games to other players.
If Gabby came to Uconn to be a single Star or to be an AA, she picked the wrong school --one that relies on TEAM play and not singular accolades. It's not the Geno way. Not that as one's Senior comes to an End that Geno won't help his player(s) to get certain records.
Fans or Gabby can't (and I doubt she does) focus on any of them getting the AA. If it comes it will come, if not--the Grad will be highly recruited by WNBA/Europe and their future is secure.

The Uconn Medical team including UConn Hospi tal/Medical Center if needed will work with Gabby to stop or minimize those headaches--many on here, including me, have commented on their experiences--most of us didn't have the medical resources Gabby has available to her. If there is a fix, she'll have it-if not she will live with it as some of us had to do.

You do NOT know me. But by all means please continue to assume you know everything. Congrats on turning my post into Gabby bashing.

Reaction Score
You do NOT know me. But by all means please continue to assume you know everything. Congrats on turning my post into Gabby bashing.
Nice nitpicking and cutting and pasting--you left out the part where I wrote: Of COURSE ANY FAN OF GABBY IS A FAN OF UCONN. But keep it up--in the area of Nit picking/cutting and pasting--you have a long way to go to join the true experts. You have to learn to cut a word here another there and pretty soon you are a novice.
If you believe your highlighted sentences by you in your reply insulted you or Gabby--have at it --then you haven't seen the Uconn TEAM system. See anyone can write colorful sentences.
I DON'T KNOW YOU?? HEY JUST POST YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS, I'LL COME BY AND WE CAN BECOME BEST BUDS.

Reaction Score
This thread would tickle Voltaire himself. I don't profess to know whether or not Gabby is "happy," but I'm "happy" to report that I'm real "happy!" I also dunno whether or not The Gabster is "selfish," but I'm definitely "selfish." I want three more Gabbies on my favorite team, turnovers and all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom