Your prediction for future NBE Divisions/members | The Boneyard

Your prediction for future NBE Divisions/members

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Just curious to see how you guys think this will end up shaking out.

Big East Football:
Big East-East: UConn, Rutgers, Navy, Cincinnati, USF, UCF
Big East-West: Boise State, Louisville, Houston, SMU, San Diego State, Air Force

Five games within the division and rotate the 4 teams from the other division every year.

Championship game at the home stadium of the team with the best record (or highest BCS ranking).

Big East Basketball:
Football: UConn, Rutgers, Cincinnati, USF, UCF, Louisville, Houston, SMU
Catholics: Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Marquette, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, Providence, Depaul

Play every team once and then just make the best "made for tv matchups" for the three repeat games based on ranking in the upcoming season and/or rivalries. It may hurt a team like UConn as far as regular season standings go to play Louisville, Georgetown and ND twice, but I think it'll be necessary to keep the basketball product as attractive as possible to future tv partners.

Any other thoughts?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I find I feel better about Uconn in the NNBE, by not thinking about Uconn in the NNBE.

That list makes me a bit sad.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I find I feel better about Uconn in the NNBE, by not thinking about Uconn in the NNBE.

Amazing.

As I read the first post in the thread, I had the exact same reaction.

Reaction Score
ECU is sitting home alone still wondering why the BE won't return its calls.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I hear ya. I don't like it that much either. Just have to make the best of it I think.

The thought of playing SMU in basketball and San Diego State in football nearly makes me throw up.

Reaction Score

Big East Football:
Big East-West: Boise State, Louisville, Houston, SMU, San Diego State, Air Force

Five games within the division and rotate the 4 teams from the other division every year.

Championship game at the home stadium of the team with the best record (or highest BCS ranking).

Big East Basketball:
Catholics: Georgetown, Villanova, St. John's, Marquette, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, Providence, Depaul

Play every team once and then just make the best "made for tv matchups" for the three repeat games based on ranking in the upcoming season and/or rivalries. It may hurt a team like UConn as far as regular season standings go to play Louisville, Georgetown and ND twice, but I think it'll be necessary to keep the basketball product as attractive as possible to future tv partners.

Any other thoughts?

I think this is exactly what it's going to be by 2015. Unless Louisville and Cinci/Rutgers go to the B12. If that happens I think Memphis and Temple would be the replacements.

Reaction Score

Big East Football:

Big East Basketball:

Any other thoughts?
#1. Don't give ND any basketball games.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i still think that were going to have a interesting decision in all reality coming up this summer. lville is gone to the b12 and when that happens were going to be the school that gets caught in the bball mess. here is my thought:

lville to the b12. now the bball schools see no reason to hang around(ucf/usf/cincy/ruty do nothing for them). they split and add/create there own conf(add a xavier/butler for ball and mks and take it from there). they will invite uconn for bball only or "allow us to join", they are not stupid and know on the court we bring $$ and tv time. at that point we have a decision to make. split our sports or go for it in the new big east all in. its a tough call no doubt but if the conf i put below here is the new big east, then i say go all in with it. we can always take bball out later and move it to the other conf if things go horribly wrong. it will always be there.

uconn/ruty/cincy/temple/ecu/usf/ucf/navy
bosie/fresno/sdsu/smu/uh//memphis/either a sec area school like tulane or a western school like nevada/unlv
i'm asuming that byu/lville are either in the b12 or indy.

fball wise in the east there are no wounded ducks but no studs. solid programs and upcoming programs. in the west there are a couple projects but bosie/uh can hold that side above water most years. good mk's are added with these schools. bball wise this league isn't the best, but its top 5 which will be good enough for us. both the fl schools are quickly building programs, same with uh. even bosie is building a little something out there. sdsu/memphis are a conf bump from being top30 programs in the current climate. cincy/temple are good programs already. navy/ wont play bball.

Reaction Score
i still think that were going to have a interesting decision in all reality coming up this summer. lville is gone to the b12 and when that happens were going to be the school that gets caught in the bball mess. here is my thought:

lville to the b12. now the bball schools see no reason to hang around(ucf/usf/cincy/ruty do nothing for them). they split and add/create there own conf(add a xavier/butler for ball and mks and take it from there). they will invite uconn for bball only or "allow us to join", they are not stupid and know on the court we bring $$ and tv time. at that point we have a decision to make. split our sports or go for it in the new big east all in. its a tough call no doubt but if the conf i put below here is the new big east, then i say go all in with it. we can always take bball out later and move it to the other conf if things go horribly wrong. it will always be there.

bosie/fresno/sdsu/smu/uh//memphis/either a sec area school like tulane or a western school like nevada/unlv

fball wise in the east there are no wounded ducks but no studs. solid programs and upcoming programs. in the west there are a couple projects but bosie/uh can hold that side above water most years. good mk's are added with these schools. bball wise this league isn't the best, but its top 5 which will be good enough for us. both the fl schools are quickly building programs, same with uh. even bosie is building a little something out there. sdsu/memphis are a conf bump from being top30 programs in the current climate. cincy/temple are good programs already. navy/ wont play bball.

I don't think the bball schools are going to have the balls to really go off on their own. They know their best chance to make money is going to be to stick around with the UConn, Rutgers, Cincy, and ND if they can. There are rumors tweeted by the Providence Journal sports writer that Memphis is in serious talks to join and bring the league to 17 members in bball. I think it's much more likely we end up in an expanded Big East with 19 or 20 bball teams and 14 football teams than the basketball schools forming a new league.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Based on the reputation, business acumen, and prior work of the Big East braintrust, I expect the football divisions to look something like this:

North Division
UCF
USF
Houston
SMU

West Division
UConn
Rutgers
Navy
Cincinnati

Yankee Division
San Diego St
Boise St
Air Force
Louisville

You play everyone outside of of your division once. You don't play anyone in your own division at all. Division winners are determined by OOC game aggregate scoring. The Championship game is played at a neutral site at 8am EST on the Monday after Bowl Selection Sunday.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Future Big East divisions:

East:
Navy
UCF
USF
Temple
ECU
Memphis

West:
Boise St.
San Diego St.
Houston
SMU
UNLV/Colorado St.
Air Force

Reaction Score
Rutgers
Navy
Cincinnati
Louisville
South Florida
Connecticut

Boise State
San Diego State
Southern Methodist
Houston
Air Force
Central Florida

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Here is how I hope the NBE breaks out:

Rutgers
Temple
Navy
Cincinnati
USF
UCF

Boise St
Air Force
BYU
San Diego St
Houston
SMU

;)

Reaction Score
Reading through this thread makes me realize for the first time, we're in deep .

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
ECU is sitting home alone still wondering why the BE won't return its calls.

It is odd that a league made up of unwanted ugly stepsisters doesn't want to play with the even uglier unwanted stepsister isn't it.

Sad is one word for the NNBE. Depressing is another.

Reaction Score
Based on the reputation, business acumen, and prior work of the Big East braintrust, I expect the football divisions to look something like this:

North Division
UCF
USF
Houston
SMU

West Division
UConn
Rutgers
Navy
Cincinnati

Yankee Division
San Diego St
Boise St
Air Force
Louisville

You play everyone outside of of your division once. You don't play anyone in your own division at all. Division winners are determined by OOC game aggregate scoring. The Championship game is played at a neutral site at 8am EST on the Monday after Bowl Selection Sunday.
Not very many people "got" this, it appears. Good work.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Updated predictions anyone?

Big East Football:
Big East-East: UConn, Rutgers, Temple, Navy, USF, UCF
Big East-West: Boise State, Houston, SMU, San Diego State, Memphis, Cincinnati

-Louisville to the Big12

Big East Basketball:
Football: UConn, Rutgers, Cincinnati, USF, UCF, Temple, Memphis, Houston, SMU

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

If they did leave I'd gladly take our share of 40 million. Better yet maybe they'd all like to leave early so we'd split 160 million.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Updated predictions anyone?

Big East Football:
Big East-East: UConn, Rutgers, Temple, Navy, USF, UCF
Big East-West: Boise State, Houston, SMU, San Diego State, Memphis, Cincinnati

-Louisville to the Big12

Since I am assuming that you're talking about 2015 (when Navy joins), I'm guessing it will look like:

East: UConn, Rutgers, Temple, Navy, USF, UCF, Cincy
West: Boise State, Houston, SMU, San Diego State, Memphis, Louisville

I don't believe that Louisville will be in the Big12 by 2015. If this ends up being the case, I think we will have added a 14th team. The 14th team in my opinion will be one of the following teams (in the order of how likely I think they are): 1) Air Force 2) ECU 3) BYU (in the event a tv deal can be reached)

The reason I have kept Louisville in is primarily due to the fact that I don't believe Texas wants the championship game (if they did, they could have had 12 already with L'Ville and BYU). I also think that if 2015 comes around and the Big East survives with Navy on board, then Air Force would likely jump on board as well. BYU is a long shot because of the tv rights thing. ECU would be the next logical move in my mind, although they don't fit the "big city" ideology. If Air Force or BYU come on board, L'Ville goes to the East division, which is something they would rather have. If it's ECU, then Cincy goes to the West division.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The reason I have kept Louisville in is primarily due to the fact that I don't believe Texas wants the championship game (if they did, they could have had 12 already with L'Ville and BYU). I also think that if 2015 comes around and the Big East survives with Navy on board, then Air Force would likely jump on board as well. BYU is a long shot because of the tv rights thing. ECU would be the next logical move in my mind, although they don't fit the "big city" ideology. If Air Force or BYU come on board, L'Ville goes to the East division, which is something they would rather have. If it's ECU, then Cincy goes to the West division.

I think I took Louisville out because maybe I was being a little pessimistic. The Big12 got a huge tv deal that was for A&M Mizzou and 10 teams. I find it hard to believe that taking out A&M and Mizzou and adding TCU, WVU and L'Ville would increase a per team payout. With realignment you never know though.

If L'Ville does leave and Big East is still surviving with Navy, then I think you're right in saying Air Force would join for football only in a Western division.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think I took Louisville out because maybe I was being a little pessimistic. The Big12 got a huge tv deal that was for A&M Mizzou and 10 teams. I find it hard to believe that taking out A&M and Mizzou and adding TCU, WVU and L'Ville would increase a per team payout. With realignment you never know though.

If L'Ville does leave and Big East is still surviving with Navy, then I think you're right in saying Air Force would join for football only in a Western division.

Well let me put it this way; if L'Ville goes to the Big12, it will almost CERTAINLY increase their per team payout. The reason I say that is that they would likely only add L'Ville if they had a 12th team in mind (BYU?). If they add a 12th team, it is likely only to have a championship game. You wouldn't want the same tv contract with more mouths to feed. And the championship game will certainly add revenue to whomever the tv provider is (ESPN?).

In terms of Air Force joining, I think they only join IF L'Ville stays. If they go, we would probably want another team to accompany Air Force to even it up. I guess if Air Force and ECU or Air Force and BYU could be packaged together (the first pair much more likely than the second pair), then we would be in business again for .

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Well let me put it this way; if L'Ville goes to the Big12, it will almost CERTAINLY increase their per team payout. The reason I say that is that they would likely only add L'Ville if they had a 12th team in mind (BYU?). If they add a 12th team, it is likely only to have a championship game. You wouldn't want the same tv contract with more mouths to feed. And the championship game will certainly add revenue to whomever the tv provider is (ESPN?).

In terms of Air Force joining, I think they only join IF L'Ville stays. If they go, we would probably want another team to accompany Air Force to even it up. I guess if Air Force and ECU or Air Force and BYU could be packaged together (the first pair much more likely than the second pair), then we would be in business again for .

Right, I think we're agreeing on the same thing. The only way L'Ville goes is if it increases the per team payout for the Big12.

Basically comes down to is:

Big12 tv that was negotiated for 10 teams including Missouri and A&M greater than a new deal negotiated for 12 teams and a championship team game. Not sure if WVU, TCU, Ville, BYU and a championship increase the per team payout (from a network standpoint) than what they currently have.

From a tv perspective Missouri and Texas A&M are the best of the bunch by far (as evidence by them moving to the SEC and WVU, TCU, Ville, BYU being from a lower paying tv league). Depends how much a championship game would bring in to offset adding programs that don't bring as much by themselves as Mizzou and A&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom