Your Keys To Today's Game | The Boneyard

Your Keys To Today's Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mine is personally Shonn Miller. Only 19 minutes yesterday. Has to stay out of foul trouble, fight for boards, and get himself open consistently.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Guard the perimeter. Temple shoots 35% from 3 on the year, in their two games against us they've shot near 40%. That's the difference in two tight games. Make or miss league.

Reaction Score
Not losing to an inferior team 3 times in one season? Play D - let the offense come to them- if we play lock down D they can not win.

Reaction Score
Really need to show a different level of focus. So many brain farts yesterday I'm kinda worried .... Stuff like Hamilton not even giving an ef and tossing an inbound pass to mid court for no reason, or purvis and Gibbs fastballin passes out of bound. Close out hard on shooters and play a tough mental game and I think they got this... Also please box out Bond

Reaction Score
Miller should be well rested...at least relative to rest of team. He needs to steer clear of fouls and he should have a good one.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If we can replicate the majority of our play in the second half+OTs yesterday, we are going to be real tough to beat for the rest of the season. Hand the "keys" to Adams, again.

Reaction Score
Yesterday showed that Hamilton and Adams can penetrate and make things happen. Now if we can swing RP into an open spot and he can hit the three then we should be fine. I say RP because I haven't seen SG go off from 3 point land.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
We have no chance and are obviously doomed. The Huskies will come out overconfident, play sloppy, and vomit occasionally. Our guys will throw the ball to no one, will step on the out-of-bounds line, and will chuck up airballs as the shotclock runs down. They won't get a rebound, Miller and Brimah will foul out, and Rodney will miss 10 layups. Jalen will shoot the ball from 62 feet away over and over and not make one. Gibbs will clank 3's and have 5 layup attempts blocked. Hamilton will spin and spin and get dizzy and fall and hit his head. This game will be a disaster of epic proportions. Overconfident Boneyarders will walk off cliffs like lemmings after jinxing the team.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Play defense and get the ball to Miller on offense.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, the key to the game is to play focused, poised and hungry.
True those may sound like generalities - so let me break it down a little more.
- come out with urgency - no lazy closing on three point shooters. In fact, pick them up beyond the arch - don't give them that spot up opportunity from right behind the arch. That means putting Glen Miller's Ivy League type zones in a lockbox away from use.
- play Adams and look to run
- rebounding is about who wants the ball more and who is denying their man that position throughout the play not just when the ball goes up.
- you don't get extra points for degree of difficulty - keep it simple
- you can't get closer than close - when you have a layup take it or a five foot floater

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not wasting possessions on O and leaving Temple wide open from 3 on D will result in a double digit win.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Miller and Brimah must stay out of foul trouble. I think we might get a surprise contribution from Enoch today. Just a hunch.

Reaction Score
yes, defend the 3

we really can't lose to these clowns again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Mine is personally Shonn Miller. Only 19 minutes yesterday. Has to stay out of foul trouble, fight for boards, and get himself open consistently.

It would help if they didn't call him for fouls for holding his ground while getting pounded on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom