Your first stats serving is ready... | The Boneyard

Your first stats serving is ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
The first per-40-minutes spreadsheet is up.

A few observations:
1. Gabby leads many of the per-40 stats, and leads absolutely in BRATS by a big margin.
2. 3 players have a 100% FG percentage.
3. 100 points and Morgan never got untracked in the paint.
4. Uncharacteristic FT % and A/TO values for this group, and the underclassmen did almost as well as the upperclassmen in those regards.

Fun game. Great defense from everybody.

Future's so bright...

And we ain't even seen De'janae and Natalie yet!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The first per-40-minutes spreadsheet is up.

A few observations:
1. Gabby leads many of the per-40 stats, and leads absolutely in BRATS by a big margin.
2. 3 players have a 100% FG percentage.
3. 100 points and Morgan never got untracked in the paint.
4. Uncharacteristic FT % and A/TO values for this group, and the underclassmen did almost as well as the upperclassmen in those regards.

Fun game. Great defense from everybody.

Future's so bright...

And we ain't even seen De'janae and Natalie yet!
Hoping the FT and A/TO issues are first game issues.

Reaction Score
Hoping the FT and A/TO issues are first game issues.
I noted the FT % (just under 70) and said we need better. A/TO was almost 1:1. But as I watched the game it seems to me we got a lot of baskets from steals and no passes involved (we had 10 steals) and we had 12 offensive boards and scored several of those absent an assist. Morgan was 50% and Nurse was 67% - 9/15 combined. I think both are better and will show that going forward. Folks, look - a 44 point win on the road at the #7 team in the country and held their AA player to a career low in points. Relax...because we know Geno and the girls will not

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think everyone is quite relaxed this fine morning

Just observing some anomalous statistics from the game.
Mighty Mo did have 4 turnovers last night and made some uncharacteristic poor passes.
She noted it post-game, said it was unacceptable.
Didn't seem to have much effect on the outcome :)...or even her otherwise magnificent game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I noted the FT % (just under 70) and said we need better. A/TO was almost 1:1. But as I watched the game it seems to me we got a lot of baskets from steals and no passes involved (we had 10 steals) and we had 12 offensive boards and scored several of those absent an assist. Morgan was 50% and Nurse was 67% - 9/15 combined. I think both are better and will show that going forward. Folks, look - a 44 point win on the road at the #7 team in the country and held their AA player to a career low in points. Relax...because we know Geno and the girls will not
It was not just the steals and layups, but also the dribble penetration of Moriah, Kia, and Gabby, with a few more from Stewart and Morgan that led to fewer assists than normal. That may actually continue with the make up of the team especially if Gabby continues to start (likely) - that is likely 100+ missed opportunities for assists compared to KML.

Reaction Score
At the risk of exposing my geek in public, how do you figure BRATS?

Thanks for this work!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And though there was some concern about 3-pt shooting with KML gone, after UConn came out cold from outside and missed their first 6, they finished up with 6-10, and 37.5% for the game is in the decent category.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
upload_2015-11-17_10-34-52.png

*Great EXCEL format, JRRRJ! Could not find BRATS defined on-line, however; please help.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
At the risk of exposing my geek in public, how do you figure BRATS?

Thanks for this work!

Blocks + Rebounds + Assists - 2 * Turnovers + 2 * Steals

And you didn't ask, but EP (Empty Possessions) is Steals - TO

All this and more is explained on the Info & Instructions (furthest to the left) tab in the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Note there are blank spreadsheets (the current version is 4.6) on the download page you can download if my uploading becomes too lackadaisical for your anxiety level -- you can then update it for yourself.

Or you can try developing some features/enhancements. If you do, let me know, please, so I can consider them for inclusion in my sheet.

If you have an idea for a feature or enhancements but lack the skill/time/will to develop it, let me know in one of my "the spreadsheet's uploaded" threads or PM me and I'll consider doing it.

Reaction Score
It was not just the steals and layups, but also the dribble penetration of Moriah, Kia, and Gabby, with a few more from Stewart and Morgan that led to fewer assists than normal. That may actually continue with the make up of the team especially if Gabby continues to start (likely) - that is likely 100+ missed opportunities for assists compared to KML.
Uc & bill Naples - were very insightful about the reasoning behind the low assist numbers. BillNaples started it with the steals and Offensive Rebounds (which was below my radar screen) and then Uc added in the dribble drives as more info (which again caught my attention.) Let me add in one more piece of info from Geno's statements made either before or after the game---which surprised me. He said sometimes the team passes too much. Yes, he said that. He said all the players have to recognize the opening and take it sooner than later. MO is the leader on this. Nurse developed it over the summer and is now doubly dangerous. Gabby has the knack. Tuck has that fake and go, and Stewie has so many things to choose from , just add it to her list of skills. Bottom line - less assists, but 5 dangerous offensive players who can score and draw the foul. Final note - Geno also said that its hard to shut down a great scorer, we just have to foul her out of the game. Bingo!!

Reaction Score
Blocks + Rebounds + Assists - 2 * Turnovers + 2 * Steals

And you didn't ask, but EP (Empty Possessions) is Steals - TO

All this and more is explained on the Info & Instructions (furthest to the left) tab in the spreadsheet.

Ah! Nice instructions in that left tab that I didn't notice.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69