Young Team | The Boneyard

Young Team

Reaction Score
So, I finally could summon up the courage to watch the replay. Here’s my takes:

* This was not my kind of ball game; close but little artistry. It reminded me of the WVU games in the old Big East. Survive and move on.

* We may win it all but this is a very young team and it showed last night. Two juniors, a first year transfer, a sophomore and 3 first year players. We are maturing but I hope everyone comes back next year as we have a lot still to learn.

* It has been a pleasure to watch Paige give us back the “bark in the Huskies” as Doris Burke once said.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
As much as it was painful last night, I will take a close win with A TON of teaching moments for the staff, then to cruise through games and then in the semis/finals be in teh same situation as last night with no knowledge of how to dig deep and hold on. Geno has mentioned this in past years where teams were cruising through the season and he had no weapons to use to teach them lessons, and then they lost in semis. Arkansas was another good teaching moment and these youngsters get it.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I don't know. I liked the game very much. It was a tough battle between two heavyweight contenders, and UConn won. How can you beat that! I preferred watching last night's game to watching a 40-point blowout. Moreover, I think our team is better prepared for the Final Four after surviving such a difficult, physical contest.

Reaction Score
What I noticed especially was that we got sped up which to me is a sign of a young team as we have plenty of talent. It seemed to me that A number of times picks weren’t held long enough or we tried to thread the needle unnecessarily.

Reaction Score
Play quick but don't rush. Don't make passes that look open but aren't. Ties in to the first sentence. Always play defense with your arms straight up, which means don't give the refs a reason to call a foul. Make layups and make free throws. In one post I posted two words: Tim Duncan. Use the glass on layups. How many shoot the ball over the rim. Use the glass. It worked for Tim Duncan. It will work for you.

Reaction Score
Young team
The youngest old team I have ever seen. Old in the sense of seasoned; breadth of experience; amount of progress from their beginnings. Maturity & poise, I would say.

Not saying there isn't room for improvement, amazing upside in fact. But this is an accomplished, adult group of players.

Reaction Score
It is a young team but lucky for us, our youngsters (Paige, AE) are rarely playing like Freshmen.
We were told by a family member after her waiver was denied that she intended to play for 2 years for UCONN. Things can change, but that is what we know from (almost) the horse's mouth.
We were told by a family member after her waiver was denied that she intended to play for 2 years for UCONN. Things can change, but that is what we know from (almost) the horse's mouth.
That would be great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom