You Want to Make the UConn/ville Game Really Exciting. . . | The Boneyard

You Want to Make the UConn/ville Game Really Exciting. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Um no, although I might have been willing to roll the dice before our current coaching staff.

Reaction Score
I hope we get an invite before we head to UL. It will only add fuel to the fire if they mop the floor with us and then the ACC has to make a decision.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
We'd lose 56-0 in that case. There is no way our current coaching staff can outcoach Charlie Strong. None.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Loser goes to NEC where they can play in state rival Central Connecticut.

CCSU is not an in-state rival for Louisville though so I guess that means you're not picking us to win.

Reaction Score
This might just happen. Acc has to chose a new member and is concerned about getting too weak in football A win definitely makes us look more solid than our record

Reaction Score
I wonder if the ACC will accept us. It would be nice if we got invited. Think about what a BB conference we got -- along with SU and BCU as rivals!!
Looks like the old Big East with BBQ ribs aded in for flavor.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Looks like the old Big East with BBQ ribs aded in for flavor.
My friend made this analogy... UConn is used to eating at a bunch of locally owned restaurants, some good quality food (OBE / Miami, VT). But then a some of the better establishments close up shop and move a few towns over, and we have more Papa John's, Applebee's type places (NBE). But gradually even those go and we're stuck with McDonald's and bad chinese food joints that you know aren't good for you and don't taste good (NNBE - Houston, Memphis). So if we get lucky and can land a job a few towns over, we can get back to eating at nice restaurants or the Applebee's type chain, plus some decent BBQ.

Reaction Score
My friend made this analogy... UConn is used to eating at a bunch of locally owned restaurants, some good quality food (OBE / Miami, VT). But then a some of the better establishments close up shop and move a few towns over, and we have more Papa John's, Applebee's type places (NBE). But gradually even those go and we're stuck with McDonald's and bad chinese food joints that you know aren't good for you and don't taste good (NNBE - Houston, Memphis). So if we get lucky and can land a job a few towns over, we can get back to eating at nice restaurants or the Applebee's type chain, plus some decent BBQ.

LOL, I gained 5 lbs just reading this! Maybe the better analogy would be strip joints and the quality of talent.

Reaction Score
Um Central Connecticut wouldn't be an in state rival for Louisville.

Good one, you're GPS is working. Louisville's rivals will be UNC, North Carolina State, Duke, Miami, et al. Wondering what Saturday's game would be like if it was winner take all is ridiculous. Louisville will win big, so we all better hope the ACC is more interest in developing balance rivalries (ie., a northeast sector with SU, Pitt, BC and UConn to go along with the southern sector).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Good one, you're GPS is working. Louisville's rivals will be UNC, North Carolina State, Duke, Miami, et al. Wondering what Saturday's game would be like if it was winner take all is ridiculous. Louisville will win big, so we all better hope the ACC is more interest in developing balance rivalries (ie., a northeast sector with SU, Pitt, BC and UConn to go along with the southern sector).

Yes, I should have realized you already played the game in your head.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yes, I should have realized you already played the game in your head.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not worried about the UConn/Louisville game. That will play itself out.

I'm geeked up over the Appalachian State/Ohio State game on Saturday. Oh wait...the Big Ten didn't relegate Michican and promote ASU? The basis of extending conference invitations isn't on one-time upsets or results of a single game? Oh...my bad.

Disregard and carry on.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34