You want the closest thing to a guaranteed money making scheme?? Bet against Charles Barkley. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You want the closest thing to a guaranteed money making scheme?? Bet against Charles Barkley.

Reaction Score
That's generally not how things work.

You have the burden to prove your claim is correct. It's not anyone else's responsibility to prove the negative.
Actually, it is. You're calling me out, prove me wrong

Reaction Score
Okay. This is easy.

You are wrong.

Now you have to prove I'm wrong
Ok, for starters, he picked against UConn every game in 2014. And he picked Gonzaga last night. And he picked Alabama to at least make the Final Four this year.

Your turn

Reaction Score
How wrong he constantly he is. As a supposed college basketball analyst. I mean, that's why he's on tv analyzing college basketball games, right?
Barkley is on TV for viewership, nobody cares who he picks or how he analyzes games. He's on there because he's funny as hell and people tune in to see what he'll say next.

Reaction Score
Barkley is on TV for viewership, nobody cares who he picks or how he analyzes games. He's on there because he's funny as hell and people tune in to see what he'll say next.
Then why bother having him even pick games? He should play the Rob Riggle role. I love him, think he's hilarious. But don't ask him for his analysis, he watches 67 games a year of college basketball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Yep. He's the guy at the bar everyone wants to sit next to when watching a game because he's funny and will point out some off the wall stuff.
Want hard hitting analysis? Go to some betting site where a person's ability to earn income is based on their wallet not their mouth.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ok, for starters, he picked against UConn every game in 2014. And he picked Gonzaga last night. And he picked Alabama to at least make the Final Four this year.

Your turn

You're wrong. He's been right more than he's been wrong the past decade.

Reaction Score
I like to compare Barkley and Jordan. As a player Barkley always trailed Jordan. It probably wasn't super close. I suppose "close" is relative. As a personality, it was apparent Barkley was more interesting even in the late 80s. 30 years later that's still apparent.

Reaction Score
Then why bother having him even pick games? He should play the Rob Riggle role. I love him, think he's hilarious. But don't ask him for his analysis, he watches 67 games a year of college basketball.
They put him in the studio for the tourney because "casual fans" (TM Chief00) tune in to be entertained by Barkley and don't care enough about his occasionally awful picks to go on a message board the next day and talk about it. Feel like boneyarders sometimes forget we're in the top 1% of lunatics when it comes to college b-ball. 85% of the country (probably more) are just like Barkley and don't watch a single game all year until March. These studios are trying to draw in eyeballs, not have guys tossing out hard hitting analysis.

Reaction Score
I loved when he hated on us and we won the national championship. I've met Barkley and he was my favorite player growing up, but he speaks whatever comes to his mind at that second. I don't see him as a deep thinker who really analyzes things. I think he goes with his gut, pun intended.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom