You wanna coach UCONN for a day - what is your summer Rx for team? | The Boneyard

You wanna coach UCONN for a day - what is your summer Rx for team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With five classes now involved, what do YOU want specific players to emphasize this summer re b'ball? To prime the pump, here are a few thoughts:

JEFFERSON: EASE up this summer and HEAL up....FUEL up physically and mentally to be fresh and ready for the season. What you sacrificed and achieved last summer was admired by all. But the body is not a machine and you had nagging foot issues, it seems. ENJOY working on your shot....but refresh yourself, first and foremost.

STOKES: Do what Jeff did last summer, and put yourself in the position you want to be in. Decide to be all that you can be in your last college go-round. Work on putting the ball in the basket down low so almost automatic.

BANKS: (had been giving this thought before you signed out) Ease up and heal up and shoot. RELAX!

STEWART: Ease up and keep both yourself and basketball fresh. Enjoy other things to the max this summer.

LEWIS: heal and condition.

CHONG: YOGA. Relax yourself and strengthen yourself.

TUCK: heal and condition.

What would you prescribe that challenges or supports the above? (I'm holding off on the Frosh and 2015 for now but would be interested in any thoughts re their individual scrips as you would write them.)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Stay off skateboards and out of the deep end of the pool. ;)

Reaction Score
More cowbell!

VAU: one of my favorite posters, but this one went right over my head. Don't know if you'd care to elaborate....not sure my density can be penetrated after a long day in the veg garden. Not sure it can be penetrated ANY time, now that I think about it.

Reaction Score

SARA: ohhhhh. Thank you. Good stuff. Liked all the good humor this thread generated, but I really thought more of you would have some serious thoughts about how you'd like to see various players use their time this summer if you were the coach....or if you are a fan. Not the first time I've been wrong.

Reaction Score
Thank you sarals24. When the OP put Rx in the subject line, the cowbell skit came immediately to mind. Especially the line about the prescription for a fever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom