You only need to win by 1! | The Boneyard

You only need to win by 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The lauding they gave KO throughout the game ("That's his NBA experience showing", "He's an NBA coach at the college level" "The players love him", "he's a coach, a preacher, a teacher" ), the Gampel atmosphere, the game itself, and the post game interviews with KO ("We're fighters" "We're a team with ten toes in") and Shabazz ("Yeah, I played good, but I don't make that shot without my teammates help") as the rest of the team surrounded them, had to have a very positive impression on any of our already committed recruits and prospective ones that were watching.

Reaction Score
The lauding they gave KO throughout the game ("That's his NBA experience showing", "He's an NBA coach at the college level" "The players love him", "he's a coach, a preacher, a teacher" ), the Gampel atmosphere, the game itself, and the post game interviews with KO ("We're fighters" "We're a team with ten toes in") and Shabazz ("Yeah, I played good, but I don't make that shot without my teammates help") as the rest of the team surrounded them, had to have a very positive impression on any of our already committed recruits and prospective ones that were watching.

Exactly. KO has a good thing going here. It won't be long before the rest of the country takes notice.

Reaction Score

Adrian Wojowhateverhisname is, that NBA guru, tweeted Ollie is an NBA coach and while it will be hard to pry him from UConn it could happen.

Reaction Score

And thankfully, Danny Ainge who was courtside as he often is for UConn games against top flight opponents has already plucked his coach from the college ranks.

Reaction Score
Adrian Wojowhateverhisname is, that NBA guru, tweeted Ollie is an NBA coach and while it will be hard to pry him from UConn it could happen.
He's beating Hall of Famers in the college game. Why leave?

U

UCONNfan1

I think it would be more than hard to pry him away. NBA players aren't motivated the same way college guys are. I have no doubt Ollie could be a success, but I see him as a Calhoun (or Krapchevsky, Izzo, etc.) kind of guy - make a huge mark in college and never leave to coach in the pros.

Reaction Score
I think it would be more than hard to pry him away. NBA players aren't motivated the same way college guys are. I have no doubt Ollie could be a success, but I see him as a Calhoun (or Krapchevsky, Izzo, etc.) kind of guy - make a huge mark in college and never leave to coach in the pros.

Definitely. He knows that the scene tonight, what created it, and what he's looking for from a basketball team rarely exists in the pro game. Heck, he's a few miles from home year round. I think he's smarter than grasping for the gold and often empty ring. What he's about is a match for this level and I've got to believe that he knows it.

Reaction Score
This team is really just picking up from where they left of left year. I'm expecting lots of fun the rest of the season. Only regret that we have only a few more regular season games against teams at this level.

Reaction Score
This is my inner optimism speaking but I think it would be great to see KO coaching the olympic team one day...:D

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino made the mistake of jumping to the NBA by way of the Boston Celtics where he languished in failure with his Providence/Kentucky raah-raah style. It worked for a little bit then came along the countless losses from coaching the raah-raah college boys in Boston Garden . Then with his tail down he returned to the college game by way of Louisville where huge success found him again - the tabletop gymnastics with a woman notwithstanding. He belongs in college hoops and not anywhere else and so does KO. Joey Stevens in time will realize he made a dreadful mistake. But like Pitino, he would have millions lining his pocket. Will money issues change KO? Hope not.

Reaction Score
He's beating Hall of Famers in the college game. Why leave?
People seem to forget one thing. Yeah, KO was in the league a long time and has a lot of relationships that will try to convince him to coach in the league, but how many coaches did he witness getting fired, battling with spoiled millionaires, separated from their families for long stretches during long road trips, etc.? Granted there's a lot of recruiting involved at the college level, but I have a strong feeling that KO enjoys molding young men and coaching them and wants little to do with the NBA. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but i doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom