"You Have To Go Through The Best" | The Boneyard

"You Have To Go Through The Best"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sue Bird on DT last night:

“It sucks to be on the opposing side of that type of play. I have seen her do it many times as her teammate. Particularly in Russia, I have seen her just single handedly, do exactly what she did in the fourth quarter. In some ways it is almost impossible to stop, in other ways, as an opponent, I have to think of ways to stop it. Once she gets in that zone, it is really difficult. I knew that the series was going to be tough no matter what, I didn’t care what their seeding was, I didn’t care if they were tired because they flew across country, I knew that it was going to be a grind, because we are playing against Dianna [Taurasi]. What relaxed me a little bit is that, it’s the playoffs and if you’re going to play in a championship, you have to go through the best. And Dianna is the best.”

Postgame Notes & Quotes: Storm-Mercury Game Two - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Reaction Score
Taurasi is the best! Her competitive spirit is not matched by many and it does not live in peaks and valleys.

I have often theorized that Dianna Taurasi would be the only replacement for Gino as the Coach of Women's basketball because of the knowledge and the love of the game. She is a floor coach and moving into the official position would not be difficult for her. Imagine how UConn recruiting would benefit with her as Coach. Matching her with Sue Bird as Associate head Coach would be a dynamic duo of unparalleled proportions.

But, this only wishful thinking on my part.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Taurasi is the best! Her competitive spirit is not matched by many and it does not live in peaks and valleys.

I have often theorized that Dianna Taurasi would be the only replacement for Gino as the Coach of Women's basketball because of the knowledge and the love of the game. She is a floor coach and moving into the official position would not be difficult for her. Imagine how UConn recruiting would benefit with her as Coach. Matching her with Sue Bird as Associate head Coach would be a dynamic duo of unparalleled proportions.

Hey, that's not a bad daydream. Sue for the cerebral, analytic part and Dianne for the in your face competitive part. As you said, that would be a dynamic duo in coaching.
Just don't think you'll get Sue to leave the west coast when she retires from playing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Yeah, but who would be assigned to get between her and the refs? ;)

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score

I have often theorized that Dianna Taurasi would be the only replacement for Geno as the Coach of Women's basketball because of the knowledge and the love of the game. She is a floor coach and moving into the official position would not be difficult for her. Imagine how UConn recruiting would benefit with her as Coach. Matching her with Sue Bird as Associate head Coach would be a dynamic duo of unparalleled proportions.

Wonderful wishful thinking...:)

It might also work with Sue as the calm Head Coach and DT as the "dynamic" Assc. Head Coach... :cool:

Reaction Score
We would all be wealthy if we were each to receive $10 for every technical D gets as a head coach.;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know how Dee would be as a college coach, but she'd be an outstanding commentator at the NCAA, WNBA, and NBA levels. She's got a great mind for breaking down the game; she's respected by pros, men and women alike; and she is genuinely funny and charismatic. I'd watch games that that I'd otherwise ignore if she were doing the color.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Could you clean up the Gino thing next time @veryolddog ;) I expect to read that on a Vol board.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I don't know how Dee would be as a college coach, but she'd be an outstanding commentator at the NCAA, WNBA, and NBA levels. She's got a great mind for breaking down the game; she's respected by likepros, men and women alike; and she genuinely funny and charismatic. I'd watch games that that I'd otherwise ignore, if she was doing color.

DT or Sue. Sue has had a few announcing gigs and she comes across great imho.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I don't know how Dee would be as a college coach, but she'd be an outstanding commentator at the NCAA, WNBA, and NBA levels. She's got a great mind for breaking down the game; she's respected by pros, men and women alike; and she is genuinely funny and charismatic. I'd watch games that that I'd otherwise ignore if she were doing the color.
As long as it was on a 7-second delay to bleep the colorful language. :D

Reaction Score
I don't see DT as a college coach. Too much non-basketball stuff -- you gotta suck up to parents, you gotta emphasize education and going to class (from one of the less academically motivated players in Geno's history). And you can't get Ts on a regular basis.

Pro coach definitely; but college? I can't see her wanting to put up with all the crud.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom