You Have to be Kidding | The Boneyard

You Have to be Kidding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The AP story about last night's game included the comment, "sparing the Huskies a date with Nebraska on their home court." If the writer thinks that Nebraska could beat UConn on their home court, that writer is delusional. No way, no how, not at any time. Go Huskies! John A, the Huskies will break UT's record of eight National Championships, not tie.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
John must have missed the Grind For 9 season slogan for the Lady V's.

Reaction Score
The AP story about last night's game included the comment, "sparing the Huskies a date with Nebraska on their home court." If the writer thinks that Nebraska could beat UConn on their home court, that writer is delusional. No way, no how, not at any time. Go Huskies! John A, the Huskies will break UT's record of eight National Championships, not tie.
Imagine Geno going, "woe is me, we have to face Nebraska. They're harder to beat than Louisville was on their home court."

Reaction Score
Spared would not be the correct word to use in this instance. It was not an overreaction. To treat mercifully or leniently. Sorry, choose another word. The only ones who would have been asking for mercy would have been Nebraska.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Spared would not be the correct word to use in this instance. It was not an overreaction. To treat mercifully or leniently. Sorry, choose another word. The only ones who would have been asking for mercy would have been Nebraska.
Gosh, Chris loosen up. I was joking. Get a sense of humor.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
"Spared" is how most teams would have looked at it though, but UConn is different. Unfortunately what it might spare them is the much larger crowd that would have been in Lincoln if the Huskers were in the group. The team averages about 6200 for home games, and I hope that the locals plus the UConn, Texas A&M, DePaul and BYU fans can keep it around that. Last year's S16 totals were 9100, 8600, 6100, and 5600 in the four venues.

Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with my sense of humor. How many times have you heardan announcer describe a player and what they say is absolutely meaningless. Keith Hernandez or Troy Aikman, along with many others, will say he's a nice player or he made a nice play. What is that supposed to mean? Did they open the door for you, say hi, how are you or carried your groceries for you?They are professionals, as is the writer. Use some of the over two million words in the English language. How about she's a skilled player or he made a difficult catch. I hope you enjoyed my nice email. Nice. Completely meaningless.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with my sense of humor. How many times have you heardan announcer describe a player and what they say is absolutely meaningless. Keith Hernandez or Troy Aikman, along with many others, will say he's a nice player or he made a nice play. What is that supposed to mean? Did they open the door for you, say hi, how are you or carried your groceries for you?They are professionals, as is the writer. Use some of the over two million words in the English language. How about she's a skilled player or he made a difficult catch. I hope you enjoyed my nice email. Nice. Completely meaningless.
There are times when "nice" can be very meaningful and the perfect word.

Re: Meeting a group of UConn fans before the 2012-13 season and telling them the Huskies got the top two recruits in the nation coming in plus another top recruit tucked away.

Yeah? Oh, niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

You just got to reserve the word for the right moments.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Spared would not be the correct word to use in this instance.
Nebraska was "spared" being embarrassed on their home court. Wonder if a looming encounter with the Kraken took a little of their focus away from BYU? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom