You don't want to hear this... | The Boneyard

You don't want to hear this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You all know I don't post rumors or conjecture on here. I try not to get into that crap. Well tonight I'm going to wade in the water.

I literally received a txt this afternoon from a fellow Husky supporter who was at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast this morning. Larry McHugh was there too. My contact asked him about Diaco and the reply was short and simple. "He's not going anywhere. $5 Million buy out makes it impossible."

Is it possible that Larry isn't "in the know?" Could be be wrong? Could it be a "head fake?"

Man, I hope!

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You all know I don't post rumors or conjecture on here. I try not to get into that crap. Well tonight I'm going to wade in the water.

I literally received a txt this afternoon from a fellow Husky supporter who was at the Middlesex Chamber of Commerce breakfast this morning. Larry McHugh was there too. My contact asked him about Diaco and the reply was short and simple. "He's not going anywhere. $5 Million buy out makes it impossible."

Is it possible that Larry isn't "in the know?" Could be be wrong?

I hope!

Then we'll just have to make him quit.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
If true, our season ticket base will literally drop below 5,000. Our average attendance will be below 10,000. And we will have lost most of the fans for good I am afraid. If true, it may be the final nail in the UConn football coffin. I don't think we can recover from this one folks.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score

Is it possible that Larry isn't "in the know?" Could be be wrong? Could it be a "head fake?"

Man, I hope!
This guy isn't going to tell a random fan about HR decisions. Hello defamation act! This is a conversation they're having behind closed doors. When the time is right the shoe will drop. We lose to Tulane and I believe you can expect that shoe to drop.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's beyond just losing games at this point. The program is in free fall from a performance standpoint. Bob's constant gaffes don't instill a lot of confidence that what's going on behind closed doors is at all positive. If fact, just the opposite.

Reaction Score
Larry McHugh was there too. My contact asked him about Diaco and the reply was short and simple. "He's not going anywhere. $5 Million buy out makes it impossible."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, sums up the problem neatly. It's as if the buyout just appeared out of thin air, with no one -- Herbst or Benedict -- being held accountable for a bad deal. yeah, yeah, I know, it was put in place by Manuel. Sorry, if Benedict signed off on it without doing his due dilgence, he owns it. And Herbst definitely does. '

If McHugh really said that I hope he enjoys the view of empty silver metal and blue chairs from his perch at the Rent. Because he's going to be seeing a lot of it next year if Diaco's back.

Reaction Score
At least put a muzzle on Diaco. It does no one any good to listen to his alternate universe realities. Happy Horse Manure was a good description of his post game nonsense.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If he is still around for next year, the season should just be cancelled. What's the point of another year with this guy? If he is around it is proof that the powers that be want football to return to its Yankee Conference roots.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

Man, I hope!
How about we and the administration make his life so miserable that HE approaches the administration to renegotiate the buyout?....or get out of his contract???

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
How about we and the administration make his life so miserable that HE approaches the administration to renegotiate the buyout?....or get out of his contract???
You'd have to make someone pretty miserable to get them to give up that kind of dough.

Reaction Score
This guy isn't going to tell a random fan about HR decisions. Hello defamation act! This is a conversation they're having behind closed doors. When the time is right the shoe will drop. We lose to Tulane and I believe you can expect that shoe to drop.

I hope you are right. For everyone who's been clamoring for Benedict to say something this week, I've been thinking, "no professional in DB's shoes is going to say a peep at this point. They'd wait until Sunday." I hope you are right and Larry was just being the prudent politician.

Last edited:

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I hope you are right. For everyone who's been clamoring for Benedict to say something this week, I've been thinking, "no professional in DB's shoes is going to say a peep at this point. They'd wait until Sunday." I hope you are right and Larry was just being the prudent politician.
Well, from my career, you talk about someone's job status to anyone not related or associated with that individual in their workplace and you open yourself and your employer to a lawsuit. I don't buy he would randomly tell the average fan or booster what their HR moves will be. If he did and it's true, well, season tickets just dropped ten fold.

Reaction Score
If he's back then f it. I'm going full soccer. College football is too painful to watch when UConn has no hope.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If he's back then f it. I'm going full soccer. College football is too painful to watch when UConn has no hope.

If you're a baseball guy, the Diamond Dogs absolutely deserve your support. I follow FB, BB, and base, and they may be the most enjoyable of the three to root for.

Reaction Score
If you're a baseball guy, the Diamond Dogs absolutely deserve your support. I follow FB, BB, and base, and they may be the most enjoyable of the three to root for.

I wish I liked baseball. Diamond Dogs, hehe that's mgsv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom