You Can't Make This Stuff Up...ND Edition | The Boneyard

You Can't Make This Stuff Up...ND Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
From yesterday's NY Post:
"Coming soon to a boutique near you - The Fightin' Irish fragrances.

The Cloudbreaker Group is developing a line of University of Notre dame toiletries, including a $62-a-bottle Lady Irish Eau De Parfum, men's after-shave balm and women's shower gel."

Really????Why???

Reaction Score
Ahh - the irresistible aroma of stale urine and sweat. Eau de Locker Room.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
From yesterday's NY Post:
"Coming soon to a boutique near you - The Fightin' Irish fragrances.

The Cloudbreaker Group is developing a line of University of Notre dame toiletries, including a $62-a-bottle Lady Irish Eau De Parfum, men's after-shave balm and women's shower gel."

Really????Why???

Assure me you are joking. I think it is absurd (I don't want eau de Rutgers, either), but Notre Dame has a huge national following based on their football history and attraction as the prime Catholic University, and when the group is big enough, there are certainly folks who will buy it. The school gets the fee for selling their name and the manufacturer gets an "in" with a selection of potential purchasers.

In the main U of A bookstore, there is an absurd selection of merchandise. I bet UConn's bookstore carries likewise.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
So, now, when you look at the mural of Jesus on the side of the Hesburg Library, instead of thinking "touchdown!", you can think "under-arm protection!".:rolleyes:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Who would want to smell like a leprechaun?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
So the after-fight balm for the guy's lotion is composed of 1 part each of blood, puke, spit, and whiskey? Probably a great joke item for the Fighting Irish disciples, but I'll still go with the UConn Blue Spirit hair gel, which probably can give me a coif something like Geno's. As for the women's perfumy water recipe, the ingredients appear to be champagne, orange juice, and Midori melon liqueur, and under certain states of inebria I can definitely see myself wanting to be doused in that.

Reaction Score
I understand the "ND Gold Eau De Toilette" is made from pure holy water. If the University of Arizona wishes to open a perfume shop, I have a good name for them: "Scents of Yuma".

Reaction Score
There are over 25 other schools who have done this to date..........Marketing and $$$$$

UCONN will be next........

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There are over 25 other schools who have done this to date..........Marketing and $

UCONN will be next........
Don't know about that. Of the 12 schools that Masik (or, I Mask) distributes fragrances for, they are all football powers like Auburn, LSU, Georgia (smell like a bulldog), Florida (smell like a gator), and Oklahoma, plus somewhat lesser pigskin players such as UTenn and UNC. These are all schools that need some fragrant cover-ups for the athletic\academic eau de stench wafting through the stadiums. Also included among the 12 of course is PSU, which has a pumicey scrubber called the Dusky Sand shower soap for the Lion faithful.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
ND's scent opens with a bright tone of hype, but slowly fades to a sour note of failed expectations.

Reaction Score
Everyone has a perfume these days; not a surprise at all to me.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I understand the "ND Gold Eau De Toilette" is made from pure holy water. If the University of Arizona wishes to open a perfume shop, I have a good name for them: "Scents of Yuma".
And if you want to open up a big line of catchy college and university scents, you have:

Big New Scents (New School - NYC)
Scents of Bull (USF)
Scents of Duty (all the military academies)
Scents UAL (University of Arts London, hot overseas market)
Give Your Ass Scent (Muhlenburg Mules, and Colby)
Knox Some Scents Into Ya' (UTenn)
Biblical Scents (Trinity Bible College)
Macon Scents (Macon State)
Scents of Wrightness (Wright College, IL)
Foreign AK Scents (for Akron and U. of Alaska students on study abroad semesters)
IN Scents and Peppermints (for Indiana U students who are also fans of the '60s super group Strawberry Alarm Clock)
Scents up the Wall (Walla Walla U.)
Scents up the River (Rivier College, NH)
Scents Oregons (for the Beavers and Ducks, and my apologies)
Scents of D'wareness (for the Blue Hens fans, and still more apologies)

plus Scents of Ties (a fragrant neck apparel for any college).

And for the Husky fans who want to hang together in peace and harmony and smell very nice while doing it -- UConn Scents Us

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I don't know about leprechauns, but I do know Notre Dame scents will allow you to smell like a bridesmaid.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Being a Ball State alum, I do not want to know what ours would smell like! :eek:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Being a Ball State alum, I do not want to know what ours would smell like! :eek:

That's easy! Scents a' Ball!

Now, if your AD is named Schweddy, then we got problems...:oops:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
And if you want to open up a big line of catchy college and university scents, you have:

And for the Husky fans who want to hang together in peace and harmony and smell very nice while doing it -- UConn Scents Us

And, for Ms. Moore's personal line, Maya the Magnifiscent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom