yikes - Keith Appling (MSU 2014) wanted for shooting death | Page 2 | The Boneyard

yikes - Keith Appling (MSU 2014) wanted for shooting death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok
Lots of people making excuses for generally bad dudes. Instead of simply saying this is a bad person who has seemingly been a major repeat criminal, causing deep pain and hurt, people make excuses saying its someone else's fault / kid never had a shot / bad environment garbage. He knows right from wrong and went with wrong. Didn't care about how his actions impacted others. For these criminals, people make all sorts of excuses. Classic Liberal thinking.
man just be quiet, please

Reaction Score
So the answer if if you don't agree with someone just tell them to be quiet rather than offer a mature opposing viewpoint.
You could be quiet too, there are multiple reasons why I’m sayin that, ur a grown up ima assume, so you should get it, READ HIS LAST SENTENCE

Reaction Score
That hood mentality never leaves certain dudes no matter the opportunities afforded to them. Keith Appling is one of them dudes, as some of y’all know growing up in the inner city/projects is a different animal, we see and experience things that we shouldn’t. I really wished that he woulda got out his own way, another 2 lives that are destroyed
Its kind of like post traumatic stress syndrome similar to that of soldiers that serve in war. Imagine growing up and every day you leave your house you witness violence, commit violence and try to survive by avoiding violence? Once you leave that life its tough to adjust for some while others in time are able to adjust and change that mentality.

Reaction Score
Its kind of like post traumatic stress syndrome similar to that of soldiers that serve in war. Imagine growing up and every day you leave your house you witness violence, commit violence and try to survive by avoiding violence? Once you leave that life its tough to adjust for some while others in time are able to adjust and change that mentality.
For real man, I get it because I experienced/experience it, a lot of people where I’m from have experienced so much trauma we are numb to it. I coach and I am Vice President of the Newfield Park Little League down in Bridgeport and in the MIDDLE of one of our games we hear 8 gunshots just 2 weeks ago. You can’t tell me those kids that were on the field playing a game they have grown to love and enjoy won’t be traumatized for life because they didn’t understand why they seen people running, crying, and ducking. It’s a shame and people are USED to that behavior man. I’ve seen it all is a black man who grew up in the inner city. I didn’t let that define me MYSELF. Some dudes never get a chance to see nothing else but violence and the streets TRUST ME

Reaction Score
I wonder how many comments here reflect people knowing what they're talking about. Maybe it's all of them, but I have my doubts.
And this is the first time you're questioning the knowledge of posters?

Reaction Score
I quibble with the use of the qualifier "bad" to describe a person to mean something other than said person being a product of his environment. Of course people who hurt others need to be prevented from doing so, but I am just pointing out that, in my opinion, there is no difference between a "bad" person and a person who does antisocial/violent things as a result of trauma during development.

Of course, it's all semantics, but I think it's important. If society sees criminals as "bad apples", it is sufficient to lock them up, throw away the key, and never think of them again. If society sees criminality as the result of preventable childhood trauma, maybe society will look for ways to reduce the likelihood of such traumas occurring in the future.
It starts with a nuclear family that provides the stability kids need in their lives.

pj

Reaction Score
I quibble with the use of the qualifier "bad" to describe a person to mean something other than said person being a product of his environment.

You can know a person is bad without knowing why he is bad.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Classic Liberal thinking.
The capital "L" bellows.
Not in a good way.
So the answer if if you don't agree with someone just tell them to be quiet rather than offer a mature opposing viewpoint.
If it starts with a "So..."
Almost always, "No."
And this is the first time you're questioning the knowledge of posters?
I don't think so.

Reaction Score
It starts with a nuclear family that provides the stability kids need in their lives.
I completely agree. But if the Cleavers lived in South Central, I think Beaver would have had a harder time despite all the family dinners.

Reaction Score
This thread has 2 types of commenters: Thoughtful and caveman.

No offense.

Air Caveman GIF

Reaction Score
The "the truth is in the middle!" crowd is worse than the dunces on this board.
You only say that because you're in the thoughtful crowd, due to having a somewhat higher intellect than some of the other posters.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The "the truth is in the middle!" crowd is worse than the dunces on this board.
Unfortunately, no, but I don't disagree with the impulse to suggest it. Genuine curiosity & listening is an essential precondition to address society's most challenging problems, but that sentiment is easily lampooned if it appears that nothing moves meaningfully forward.

Conveniently offered 'tough guy' hot takes don't stand up to close examination or reality, but they do reflect frustration and other strong emotions about circumstances that have wide agreement as lamentable, tragic, objectionable, and otherwise sub-optimal.

As an aside, regarding those who seem fixed in a certain point of view, I'd find more value @borninansonia's thoughts & feelings than posts that close hard with cock sure sarcasm that diminishes in every direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom