Yesterday's Courant on "Husky Day". I'm glad that | The Boneyard

Yesterday's Courant on "Husky Day". I'm glad that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Malloy hasn't backed off on the NCAA but I thought the best comment came from Kevin Ollie.

"Continue to pray for us and have our backs," assistant coach Kevin Ollie told the Senate, "as we go through some difficult times. Some people see mountains in front of us, but we see opportunities on the horizon."
GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
The statements that Malloy, Manuel, and others continue to make are all well and good, but we need more than that for anything to actually happen. I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but I'd prefer to see more statements indicating that people are going to continue fighting the NCAA on this.

Reaction Score
The statements that Malloy, Manuel, and others continue to make are all well and good, but we need more than that for anything to actually happen. I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but I'd prefer to see more statements indicating that people are going to continue fighting the NCAA on this.
You really hit on the real question if there actually is something going on behind the scenes or what we are hearing is political rhetoric.

Reaction Score

My guess is that the the staff is pretty much waiting (hoping) to see whether the NCAA ends up making the change regarding which APR scores are used to determine eligibility. While it is no secret that this is a stretch (to say the least), I don't think that the UConn coaching staff raising hell and puffing its chest up to the NCAA would benefit us in any way with regards to that one last ray of hope for next year. I certainly do hope they plan on raising complete hell at some point or another, though. Because this is complete Stop, especially with the news of exceptions possibly being made for black schools.

On the other hand, I really want to see the CT Senators/political figureheads start putting the NCAA through a tiny fraction of the hell that the NCAA has put us through. It's time for the NCAA to start answering for their antics. I couldn't care less what organization you are, how much money you have, or how much power you have... NO organization should be allowed to blatantly attempt to ruin the college career of innocent student athletes who have worked incredibly hard to get the APR score up during their time here.

It's amazing how an organization can tarnish the academic reputation of a TOP 20 public university in the nation so badly that people truly believe UConn is a bad school now (its amazing how many people actually believe this now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom