YES versus Comcast. Who blinks? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

YES versus Comcast. Who blinks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have Frontier and the service has been great so far. Switched to AT&T Uverse and sold to Frontier. Sterling has single handedly ruined radio baseball for me. I loathe him. It pains me that I can't listen in the car.

Reaction Score
Jay Mohr and Carton, two of the funniest guys on radio. Carton can go off doing impressions and comedy with the best of them. Does a great Maddog.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I downloaded the windows version. I guess I'm missing what it does?

There are a few hundred add ons for things nobody would want to watch?

I'm not sure about the Windows version.
These boxes are standalone and run off an Android platform with apps that just scrub the internet for host streams.
The strangely named one I bought came loaded (nod to @mavblues comment above) with everything needed to plug in and start watching.
There was some updating that happened right away but once done the world of free everything was opened.

I haven't done much with mine other than touch the surface.
Movies, TV shows and sports.
My son and I were watching TV from all over the world one night.
Russia, Poland, Turkey, South Korea, China, Japan, Germany, etc. The North Korean and Syrian channels were not airing that night.
A co-worker has said there is some good pr0n to find if you go searching.

One of the apps on mine has every cartoon series ever made. Every episode.
Crazy.

I found a Disney page that has every move they made sorted by decade.
That came in handy yesterday when my daughter wanted to watch Planes.

Reaction Score
These boxes are standalone and run off an Android platform with apps that just scrub the internet for host streams.
The strangely named one I bought came loaded (nod to @mavblues comment above) with everything needed to plug in and start watching.
There was some updating that happened right away but once done the world of free everything was opened.

Russia, Poland, Turkey, South Korea, China, Japan, Germany, etc. The North Korean and Syrian channels were not airing that night.

Crazy.

I have one. Came loaded as well but it doesn't update on its own. As a result I only use the Genesis and Prime wire apps to watch movies.

I like the thing but the picture quality isn't always the greatest. I just bought a 65 inch 4k Samsung. When I watch sports I hate pixilated picture you get on the box.

I wouldn't totally cord cut, but I'd trim expensive add ons like HBO, showtime, etc.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Crazy.

I figured out how to add apps that are actually worthwhile.

Seems like a good option for movies especially. Not seeing how it would be consistently good for sports.

Reaction Score
I figured out how to add apps that are actually worthwhile.

Seems like a good option for movies especially. Not seeing how it would be consistently good for sports.
For live sports it's the SportsDevil app, you can get it off the internet and install it into Kodi. It gathers all the usual pirated sites like Frontrow etc.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For live sports it's the SportsDevil app, you can get it off the internet and install it into Kodi. It gathers all the usual pirated sites like Frontrow etc.

I tried everything I could find in SportsDevil for Rays/Jays - nothing worked.

Reaction Score
I tried everything I could find in SportsDevil for Rays/Jays - nothing worked.
Yeah, I've only played around with it for a couple days but it's clear it's not gonna cut it for live sports. Don't know where I'll find Yankee games as MLB Game Day blacks-out Yanks, Mets and Sox games here in CT.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How many people need to pirate games before both sides realize that it's better to compromise and monetize as many people as possible?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How many people need to pirate games before both sides realize that it's better to compromise and monetize as many people as possible?

Can you really monetize people willing to watch front row? It's just a terrible experience.

Reaction Score
For all you Yankee fans shut out of YES because of Comcast I found this. Playstation Vue, which carries 60+ stations including all the ESPN's and YES! Signed up for the 7 day free trial on my PC and slung it to my TV with the Amazon Fire Stick app. Yup, watching the Yanks right now, so far looking good, great HD picture. It's $34.99/mo, it's got a lot of stations I would actually watch --this may be the one to get me to cut my Comcast HDTV cord.

Reaction Score
And Waldman is so bad makes Sterling sound like Mel Allen. He ran off Charlie Steiner to LA and the Dodgers because Charlie made people realize how bad Sterling sucks. It is an absolute shame that these 2 are allowed to call major league games.

I actually like Waldman. Sterling should be taken for a long walk into the woods....speaking of his career of course...

Reaction Score
I actually like Waldman. Sterling should be taken for a long walk into the woods....speaking of his career of course...
The like was for Sterling...being shown the door..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I listened to some Sterling today. The Castro calls are the worst ones yet.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
You don't want to know.

I always liked "it's a Tex message" and "Jack by Jacoby. Ells buries it."

Actually, no I didn't like any of those.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I always liked "it's a Tex message" and "Jack by Jacoby. Ells buries it."

Actually, no I didn't like any of those.

You're on the Mark.... a bit better than Starlin is a Darlin.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
You're on the Mark.... a bit better than Starlin is a Darlin.

Holy crap that's awful. It's like he just doesn't even care that people laugh at him. I guess I wouldn't too much either if I were making his money but have some pride.

Reaction Score
"A thrilla by Godzilla" is at the top of my list for Sterling HR calls. But seriously, Comcast and YES better make a deal soon. I cant wait for Sunday night to finally watch a Yankee game since its on ESPN.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I switched to Vue full-time for my cable two weeks ago. Got the middle package, 55 channels, $35 a month. Love it so far. Endless cloud DVR is a major plus.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I switched to Vue full-time for my cable two weeks ago. Got the middle package, 55 channels, $35 a month. Love it so far. Endless cloud DVR is a major plus.

Can you hook it up to more than one tv? I am looking for something besides comcast and won't do the DISH and don't want to go back to Directv unless I have too.

Reaction Score

Do you get the local networks, like Fox, CBS, etc.? I still watch a few shows on Fox and NBC especially. This does look tempting.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I have the Kodi on Amazon fire stick
- pretty clunky to be honest. Got some nfl games from out of area but poor quality imo. It is tough to navigate. Give it a C
Would like to know if YES and SNY are on it and where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul