YES Network picks up ACC television package | The Boneyard

YES Network picks up ACC television package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BrentAxeMedia 11:01am via HootSuite
My post on YES Network picking up select ACC games this season with reminder of SU/ACC television structure included. ow.ly/mRRHQ

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/inde..._picks_up_acc_telev.html#incart_flyout_sports

>>As detailed in this story on Syracuse.com from June 25, the structure of who gets ACC games is changing.

ESPN and their entire family of networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ABC Sports) and ESPN 3 (online only) get first choice of ACC games.

The next in line is Raycom Sports, which distributes games via the "ACC Network."

Raycom Sports offers two packages for its ACC Network games. The designated regional cable provider gets second choice of games after ESPN. The "over the air" provider is next in line after that.
YES confirmed today they will be one of two regional cable providers to carry ACC games. Sources indicate that the MSG Network will be the other, although that has not been confirmed by MSG as of this writing.

CNY Central recently acquired the local "over the air rights" offered by Raycom Sports,meaning they will air ACC games not picked up by ESPN and YES/MSG. <<

Reaction Score
Good news for Syracuse fans, I guess - although I think inventory wise this will only turn out to be 1 FB game and a handful of OOS Basketball gmes.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Doesn't NESN carry some games for the ACC too? Just another reason not to even tune in to YES or NESN. Give me SNY all day.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
All I know is I saw less of BC hoops and football this past year available on NESN than any year in the past. I used to be able to flip around watching college football on Saturdays and glance at their games, they never seem to be on now unless it's ABC or ESPN with a better opponent.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
All I know is I saw less of BC hoops and football this past year available on NESN than any year in the past. I used to be able to flip around watching college football on Saturdays and glance at their games, they never seem to be on now unless it's ABC or ESPN with a better opponent.

Theory:
In order for NESN+ HD to get wider distribution across New England, the cable providers needed justification other than three or four Red Sox/Bruins overlaps. I say this because I noticed several ACC games airing on NESN+ HD this past season (which I just started to get on my Comcast package around January-ish), and a lot of them were BC games.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The relevant line is "Time Warner may still air games assigned by ESPN for online broadcast only on ESPN3. TWCSC would have to gain those rights in partnership with ESPN. The Syracuse football home opener on Sept. 14 versus Wagner (4 p.m.) has been assigned to ESPN3."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom