Yep, Reddick's still a Dukie at heart. | The Boneyard

Yep, Reddick's still a Dukie at heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Andre should have fallen down and played injured. Then they could have taken him out of the game (where Van Gundy admitted he should have been anyway) and let a good FT shooter shoot the FTs. It's as legit as Reddick's foul.

Reaction Score
Eliminate Reddick from the play and we all think it's genius. I have no issue with this one. Drummond should have been glued to the bench at that point of the game.

Reaction Score
NBA Rule Book:

A. Flagrant Foul Rules
There are two types of Flagrant Fouls, as follows:

Flagrant "1" (FFP1) - unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent. The opposing team is awarded two (2) free throws and possession.

Flagrant "2" (FFP2) - unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent. The opposing team is awarded two (2) free throws and possession and the player committing the foul is automatically ejected.

Drummond didn't even have the ball and the player was dry-humping him. I wished Drummond would have grabbed his neck as if in 'excessive' pain. He needs some acting lessons.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Hard to figure how that doesn't fit some definition of flagrant.

How do they call a loose ball foul, when there was no loose ball?

Basketball suffers when the most important "basketball play" in a game could have been executed by anyone who ever played on a jungle gym.

Reaction Score
Popovich is going to ruin Christmas and do this a ton today .

Reaction Score
This is what makes the NBA such a joke. It's 2 shots and the ball period. If fouling on purpose is not penalized further it's a circus, but the NBA is close to that anyway so why change.
If the NBA is a joke/circus I can't imagine what words you would use for college. Can't wait for today's slate of games, Merry Christmas everyone!

Reaction Score
If the NBA is a joke/circus I can't imagine what words you would use for college. Can't wait for today's slate of games, Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas sj you're a good dude and I respect your thoughts on everything including the NBA I do. No issues just not as big a fan. You have to admit these fouls are awful for the game? There has to be a penalty paid for obvious off the ball infractions.

Have been watching some C's games they aren't too bad to watch, not a lot stars and work pretty hard, more like college.

Reaction Score
Merry Christmas sj you're a good dude and I respect your thoughts on everything including the NBA I do. No issues just not as big a fan. You have to admit these fouls are awful for the game? There has to be a penalty paid for obvious off the ball infractions.

Have been watching some C's games they aren't too bad to watch, not a lot stars and work pretty hard, more like college.

don't mistake activity for achievement - john wooden

Reaction Score

Agree on the fouls, the hack a Drummond/DeAndre thing is bad for the game, it hurts both teams and creates no flow in the game, dreadful to watch as a fan and needs to be changed somehow. I enjoy all your takes as well, especially when it comes to the female form. Merry Xxxmas!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We sit here a question this call when the prerequisite to play in the league is to forget whatever rules you have learned
The other night I was watching some show on the NBA network and they were showing how far these pros stretch the travel rule and the officials overlook it
Nearly all the clips show guys tag a minimum of 5 steps and in a few it was counted to be over 7 - and it was play on

Reaction Score
We sit here a question this call when the prerequisite to play in the league is to forget whatever rules you have learned
The other night I was watching some show on the NBA network and they were showing how far these pros stretch the travel rule and the officials overlook it
Nearly all the clips show guys tag a minimum of 5 steps and in a few it was counted to be over 7 - and it was play on
Rules and fundamentals are only for beginners.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Agree...that is very sad.
Attempting to make their "product" more slick they throw away the fundamentals of the game!

Reaction Score
huskyharry said:
Agree...that is very sad. Attempting to make their "product" more slick they throw away the fundamentals of the game!

Oh god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer