Yearly Moderator Appreciation post! | The Boneyard

Yearly Moderator Appreciation post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Every year I try to remember to post a thread to celebrate our moderators and the work they do to keep this the best Women's basketball forum out there.

It is good to remember that free forums are not free - for them to survive in the civil and intelligent universe, they require a constant and consistent effort by moderators to manage a very diverse and fairly anonymous horde of on-line posters and keep them on topic, and at least somewhat polite to all of their fellow posters. It takes dedication, and time, and I am sure a fair number of insults and arguments.

We are blessed with Great Moderators on this board.

THANK YOU!

[Also - a shout out to our great group of active posters, who provide great information, insight, statistics, intriguing speculation, or great celebratory content about the Uconn WCBB program and WCBB, HS basketball, and Pro level while following the strictures laid down by the moderators. And a special thanks for those visitors who provide interesting insight into the other teams around the country - it adds depth to this site and makes the experience more rewarding.]

Please add your own thanks and thoughts to this thread.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here's to you, Mr. Brown Noser! ;) Seriously though, nice post! I concur wholeheartedly!

brown-nosers.jpg

Reaction Score
I would like to thank the moderators for keeping this site going. I thoroughly enjoy all the knowledge shared by the many contributors. It amazes me all the information shared on here. I appreciate the networking those of you who have contributed for so many years. I am on this site often and look forward to the wide variety of threads shared. So thanks to all for making my knowledge and interest in women's basketball grow especially the Huskies.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
This site has become another important part of my appreciation of WCBB and UConn women's basketball. Thanks to the moderators for keeping us in line, on topic and miles ahead of other fan boards. Your work is appreciated and valued. :)

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Just watched The Who's movie, "Quadrophenia." Now, I fully appreciate what a "mod" is. I may never understand why our mods are so violent, or more important, how they can type their posts and monitor ours while riding those little motor scooters. But they sure are an impressive lot.

Wowzers!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Our board would be much weaker if, sir
We didn't have our good ol' Biffster!
And things would surely get out of hand
But for the efforts of Husky Nan
And when Boneyard waters get in a roil
JS calmly spreads some oil.
So it's good to have some love expressed
For Nan and Biff and ol' JS.

For keeping the Boneyard the standard of excellence in fan boards, just as the Huskies are the standard of excellence in wcbb and Geno, CD and the staff in coaching. Thanks guys. (Even if you do have to reel me in occasionally.)

(And excuse this poor attempt at rhyme
I'd do better if I had more time!)

Reaction Score
Difficult jobs, impossible to please everyone, frequently unappreciated! Look around, we have a relatively sane board peopled by a group of relatively insane. They deserve a lot of credit and thanks! Thank-you

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The classic play/movie, "Inherit the Wind," is a Roman a' clef account of the Scopes "Monkey" Trial in Tennessee -- about the alleged "sin" of teaching Evolution in Tennessee's public schools. In real life, Clarence Darrow and William Jennings Bryan jousted in court while H.L. Mencken kibitzed as a journalist for the Baltimore Sun. (The movie relied on Spencer Tracy vs. Frederic March and I saw George Scott vs. Charles Durning on stage.)

Anyhoo. . .

A.J. Hornbeck (Mencken) utters an unforgettable line to explain his role -- a comment that perfectly applies to our JS, Nan, and Biff:

"My job is to comfort the afflicted -- and afflict the comfortable."

Fits our mods like a glove. Readers, thanks for your patience.:)

Reaction Score
The BY is a great place to be and to have been. It's been "pretty good enough" to follow for years (err...decades), through many good and a few not so good times. It has evolved but seldom strayed. Visitors, lurkers, and contributors come and go. All are welcome, but not all who leave are missed ;). Through it all the stable core is maintained by the few, the fair, and the brave...our mods.

A tip of the cap to those who manage and most who frequent this "power spot".

Reaction Score
Thanks to the Mods and all the posters for putting up with this excessive compulsive personality that can wind up as a boil on the butt if you allow it to!
See my problem is I can't understand why myself and everyone else in the world isn't perfect and I deal with that everyday of my life! If I become a attached to, or a fan of something, (like UCONN WBB), I become quite territorial!
So Mods please keep me in line, but remember, deep, deep, down I'm really a nice person, I just hide it well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom