Yanks vs Sox series | The Boneyard

Yanks vs Sox series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's been a while since there's been a series between these 2 that means so little. And a series between 2 teams who have so little. I found myself switching over to Shark Tank this was so awful a brand of baseball. I mean one team has Capuano starting for them after he couldn't stay on the last place teams roster - deperation. Also, while we know they lack any offense for the most part, they have a rookie who's throwing a batting practice fastball down the middle for strike one the first AB's to get ahead and how many guys swung at that pitch? O…………Jeter looks at strike 3 on the outside corner, good pitch but if he wasn't guessing he could've ripped it to right and yes DJ, it was a strike! McCann one AB looks at 3 fastballs of 4 pitches down the middle and never takes it off the shoulder? I mean talk about making a kid look like Ton Seaver, of course he's not the first.

The one good thing for Sox fans is they get to see what they have for next year while playing them for the next couple of months. That at least makes it worthy of viewing and also a good move putting Boagarts back where he belongs….couldn't believe the difference in average from playing SS to 3rd……..glad the Yanks could help make that happen again by taking the .179 hitter :eek:

Anyway look at the lineups and the focus for the future….one team gets it!

Reaction Score
The Red Sox have played so poorly they had no choice but to accept the message that the rest of this season is about building for the future. The Yankees are in the unfortunate position to have been just mediocre enough (along with it being Jeter's last year) that they have to act as if they are still in it when there is really no chance of them going very far even if they somehow manage to reach the playoffs. It's a tough situation to be in when you are in a high pressure market like NY.

I have tickets for tomorrow's game and I'm wondering how many people that invested in what was presumably going to be a big game - the teams would ordinarily be coming off the trade deadline kicking it into gear for the playoff push -will decide to stay home. I was actually a little more excited hoping to see one of the young starters up from Pawtucket and then I realized that we were going to get the death star that is the 2014 edition of Clay Buchholz. Oh well......

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Yankees season ended last night.

They could have had a fire sale, but, good lord, there aren't many contenders who need guys hitting .238 to get 'em over the hump.

Reaction Score
Ironically, I was envious the other day of the fact that the Yankees, with so many injuries, were still competitive and the Red Sox were firmly entrenched in last place. After watching my first game this year last night, I am encouraged. The future looks bright with Bogaerts, Betts, Vasquez, Holt and Jackie Bradley Jr. Add to that veterans Cespedes, Craig, Pedroia and Ortiz. Plus the farm system is rich with pitching. I don't expect that they will be a contending team next year, but they will be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
The next few months will be fun just to watch the young kids develop and to see Cespedes on his 1 year and 2 month audition. The only argument I have is that Holt is not an every day player on a contending team, but he is necessary for the flexibility he allows.

Reaction Score
I think I saw about 6 pitches of the entire series. Last two games came in at 3:56 and 3:42, interminable for 9 inning games.

And to think I was initially bummed that for the first time in probably 10yrs I didn't have one Red Sox v. Yankees game ticket this season. Great year to avoid the 4-hour devoid of energy.

Reaction Score
I think I saw about 6 pitches of the entire series. Last two games came in at 3:56 and 3:42, interminable for 9 inning games.

And to think I was initially bummed that for the first time in probably 10yrs I didn't have one Red Sox v. Yankees game ticket this season. Great year to avoid the 4-hour devoid of energy.

Yeah the last 2 were typical Yanks/Sox games as far as time consumption but we must admit NOT as far as quality baseball or entertainment……….

Reaction Score
I don't get it. Mookie Betts has a great game against the Yankees in the opener and sits the last two. I think he has the potential to be a star and yet he doesn't play.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. Mookie Betts has a great game against the Yankees in the opener and sits the last two. I think he has the potential to be a star and yet he doesn't play.
On weekends all Betts are off

Reaction Score

That catch was simply amazing………if he's pretty good out there shop Bradley to some team that thinks he still might be good…..fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom