Yahoo's 68 best players in the dance | The Boneyard

Yahoo's 68 best players in the dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He underperformed what we thought he would be. Even then, I think he's better than 68.

And if he plays like he has recently, I think he's probably a Top 20 player.

Reaction Score
These lists are annoying. I don't know enough about the players for the smaller schools but the uconn fan in me finds it hard to believe Wes Washpun and Marvelle Harris are better than Brimah, Purvis, Miller etc.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
For this year,68 seems about right, I actually think Shonn Miller is our best player and should be on the list ahead of DHam

Reaction Score
Bilas called Hamilton the Queen on the Chess board recently. I thought that was very fitting given his versatility. There isn't a better scorer-rebounder-facilitator in the tourney IF Spinderella plays under control.

Reaction Score
From draftexpress

1:30 PM – TNT – Des Moines, Iowa
#8 Colorado Josh Scott, Xavier Johnson, Wesley Gordon
vs.
#9 Connecticut #96 Amida Brimah, Daniel Hamilton, Rodney Purvis, Jalen Adams

This is a semi-interesting matchup between one of the most productive big men in college basketball, Josh Scott, and an elite shot-blocker in Amida Brimah. Rarely do you get to see two big men of this caliber match up at the college level, so it will be interesting to see how the two fare. Scott was a terrific offensive weapon in the Pac-12 whose lack of athleticism and penchant for playing almost strictly within five feet of the basket has made it difficult for him to elevate his draft stock. Brimah won't do much to challenge Scott on the other end of the floor, as he is extremely limited offensively, but his length and timing could make things difficult for Scott if he's able to stay out of foul trouble.

Daniel Hamilton came into the season ranked as a lottery pick by some outlets (never this one) but has struggled to show much progress physically and skill-wise. He'll have to be a much more reliable perimeter shooter and try to dial back on some of the wild decisions he tends to make, particularly in transition, to take the next step in his development. His rebounding ability from the wing position, as well as his elite court vision will always keep scouts intrigued, but he'll have to figure out how to mitigate his lackluster frame and explosiveness as a finisher around the basket, where he's consistently struggled throughout his career.

Reaction Score
WIN BABY, JUST WIN and everything else will take care of itself.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
a-davis2.jpg
JUST WIN BABY and everything else will take care of itself.

Reaction Score
I was under the impression that Scott played inside and out, think it bodes better for our guys if he only plays strictly inside.

The team plays from the inside and kicks out. He doesn't move out,

Reaction Score
Considering that the dude who wrote it thought that Deandre Bembry plays in the AAC, I wouldn't take this list too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom