X's and O's with Geno | The Boneyard

X's and O's with Geno

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
WOW that is some great stuff. I really do believe our coaching staff is the best and that Geno has the best mind in the game, but in fairness, there are other teams out there who run really good motion offenses and who try to probe for weaknesses in the defense, or a mistake, to get an open shot.

But just that little snip really highlighted WHY the coaches (and Culmo and other announcers) always talk about fighting over screens and not going under them. And that's just ONE offensive play. Impressive stuff.

Reaction Score
WOW that is some great stuff. I really do believe our coaching staff is the best and that Geno has the best mind in the game, but in fairness, there are other teams out there who run really good motion offenses and who try to probe for weaknesses in the defense, or a mistake, to get an open shot.

But just that little snip really highlighted WHY the coaches (and Culmo and other announcers) always talk about fighting over screens and not going under them. And that's just ONE offensive play. Impressive stuff.
Don't know about that one...

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I don't have much, if any BB knowledge WRT offensive sets, etc, so when I watch, I'm just watching the game. On the other hand, my hub played BB in high school, so he tends to watch "the whole" team, sees the screens, cuts, etc, so he sometimes can anticipate the play before it happens. Watching Geno's X & O video gives me insight into what's happening and why it works, so it's pretty cool to see.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I don't have much, if any BB knowledge WRT offensive sets, etc, so when I watch, I'm just watching the game. On the other hand, my hub played BB in high school, so he tends to watch "the whole" team, sees the screens, cuts, etc, so he sometimes can anticipate the play before it happens. Watching Geno's X & O video gives me insight into what's happening and why it works, so it's pretty cool to see.
I agree with how you watch the game. And then I will glance in on the chat and the post game thread and wonder how many actual plays are being executed with during a possession.
The video certainly helps me with that.
But, when I watch the replay, even a 2nd and 3rd time, I am watching the ball each possession. Luckily, I can rewind a play to look at what else is going on. Sometimes the analyst will say something that makes me aware of what went on and I will rewind it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom