XL seating | The Boneyard

XL seating

Reaction Score
I’m buying tickets to take my daughter to the see UConn play St. John’s game at XL center. This is our first time seeing a basketball game live. I’ve never been to XL. Section 203 row P. Are these good seats? I’m looking for 4 seats.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I’m buying tickets to take my daughter to the see UConn play St. John’s game at XL center. This is our first time seeing a basketball game live. I’ve never been to XL. Section 203 row P. Are these good seats? I’m looking for 4 seats.
basketball-map-min-244b34837a.png

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You're gonna be pretty high up, upper bowl. BUT, pretty much center court.

If I go, I try and get in the lower bowl.

Reaction Score
We're in 216 row F - P is pretty high up.

Reaction Score
Also heads up - at least the last time I was there, some years back.

There is only one entrance level into the arena, situared between the 100's and the 200's. So if you're near the top, you're walking up a bunch of stairs. No escalators or elevators around the outer rim of the arena. Everyone comes in the same place, and either walks down or up. Definitely a consideration for the elderly, or otherwise health-impaired.

If that's changed since - good!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I'm in sec 216, row G. Seventh row isn't bad, P is 9 rows further back. Could be worse, you are even with one of the 3 pt lines.

Reaction Score
During the second period (and late in the first) scout the empty seats in the lower bowl (make note of the actual row and seats). There should be many vs St. Johns. Then move down during halftime (crucial - do it during halftime when there is lots of traffic up AND down to the lower bowl. Then grab the empty seats you have identified.

Extra Crucial: Make sure you, and your daughters, use the restrooms BEFORE you grab the empty seats. Once play resumes, you do not want to leave, and then attempt to return, to lower-bowl seats without a corresponding ticket. The ushers will not be likely to check tickets during the halftime traffic. Thereafter...............yes.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
In my experience the ushers at the XL Center virtually never check for tickets. If you move down to the lower level, there is little risk of getting booted unless the actual ticket owner shows up.

The ushers at Gampel, on the other hand, guard the lower level like it was Area 51.

I think the XL seats in Sections 220-222 are reserved for students but they rarely fill up. I have sat there before and they are not bad, maybe a little closer to the action than Row P.

Reaction Score
We're neighbors. 215 row E, maybe the best seat in the house. Center court, overlooking the walkway with no one in front of me. Row P is high, but not awful. For men's games the best "1 game ticket" I could get were the double letter rows where the best view was watching the TV suspended from the ceiling.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call them good seats, but I'm spoiled. At Gampel, even the bad seats are good.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
the XL seats in Sections 220-222 are reserved for students but they rarely fill up. I have sat there before and they are not bad, maybe a little closer to the action than Row P.
That's where we sat when we didn't want to walk up all those stairs.

Reaction Score
Also heads up - at least the last time I was there, some years back.

There is only one entrance level into the arena, situared between the 100's and the 200's. So if you're near the top, you're walking up a bunch of stairs. No escalators or elevators around the outer rim of the arena. Everyone comes in the same place, and either walks down or up. Definitely a consideration for the elderly, or otherwise health-impaired.

If that's changed since - good!
Good point, snowkot. I vaguely remember sitting up in that zone for concerts many decades ago. It's a miracle people weren't regularly falling down the steps considering the condition most of us were in (I'm admitting to nothing:rolleyes:).

I will say, Victor, if you've not already settled on seats, that 203 Row P is really high up but, if hiking the stairs isn't a hurdle, those seats are center court. If it were to make you feel any better, there are about 16 rows even higher!

I've been fortunate to share XL season tickets this year with two gracious friends... we rotate sitting in excellent seats in 103, 115 and 116.

However, since Feb. 5 was brother's birthday, I loaned him my usual seat and purchased one all the way up in 215 Row R. Hence, my view of the big game was from center court but reminded me of old days at Yankee Stadium when my Dad would take us to games and we'd sometimes sit in the third deck. Knowing the players helped, but it still was a far cry from sitting in the lower bowl, and not as good as watching on TV (other than the incredible crowd vibes).

Good luck, Viktor. I hope you'll be back for more games down the way.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call them good seats, but I'm spoiled. At Gampel, even the bad seats are good.
At Gampel the bench seating is designed for people 5'2" and 103 pounds. Tough for normal sized people. The chair back seating is a little bit better, but not by much.

When I had Gampel season tickets, one year a really old gentleman sat in front of me. His caregiver would sit him down right under my nose. He used my knees as arm rests. He always needed a fresh depends...

Reaction Score
I forgot about the bench seats. Yeah, not good. The chairbacks have always been ok by me. The only bad seat I ever had was in an upper corner where there is a dumb plexiglass window (always dirty) with a rail at the top that was right at eye level. So I guess The Gamp does have some bad seats.

Reaction Score
Good point, snowkot. I vaguely remember sitting up in that zone for concerts many decades ago. It's a miracle people weren't regularly falling down the steps considering the condition most of us were in (I'm admitting to nothing:rolleyes:).
Spot on, mate!!

Worse, if memory serves (and it usually doesn't), and not to belabor the point - the steps are pretty small hence there's a ton of them to get to the top. They're reasonably steep and without railing to assist. Hence if one's losing one's balance, could be curtains for those seated on the aisle. :eek: Absolutely appalling in this era of arenas that are accommodating to the elderly and physically challenged.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom