XL Center Off Limits Til Fall 2021 | The Boneyard

XL Center Off Limits Til Fall 2021

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"Not much more is certain regarding the schedule for the upcoming season, with the coronavirus still making it difficult to impossible to plan.

For that reason, it is certain that there will be no UConn basketball games, men’s or women’s, nor ice hockey games at the XL Center this season, Mike Freimuth, executive director of the Capital Region Development Authority said on Wednesday.

“Because of the uncertainty, it didn’t make much economic sense for either of us,” Freimuth said. “We’ve got to have the building pretty full for it to work. We talked it through.”

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It will give the students a chance to see all of the home games at Gampel Pavilion if fans are allowed to get in. Right now here in Vegas the UNLV football will be able to have 6,500 fans in the new Allegiant Stadium. Currently sporting events can have 10% capacity. Hopefully by Nov they will be allowed 25%.

Reaction Score
Agree it makes sense. Such bad timing with the women always a good draw and the men were filling the house again. I had a bumpy road in the early days and there are years I want to forget but this tops the list! :(

Reaction Score
I get it. . . Not happy, but I get it.

They said they'd be contacting season ticket holders. I'm hoping I don't lose my seats for the following year. . . I'm assuming I won't, but everything is so unpredictable, who's to say?

Reaction Score
It makes sense, but not health sense. It all came down to dollars and cents (no pun intended). It was a financial decision by the management of the XL who were concerned that they couldn't turn a buck. Nice.

Reaction Score
I get it. . . Not happy, but I get it.

They said they'd be contacting season ticket holders. I'm hoping I don't lose my seats for the following year. . . I'm assuming I won't, but everything is so unpredictable, who's to say?
I better not lose my seats next year. I did give them a donation this year which should hold my status as a season ticket holder. Not my fault the XL center didn't want to make a financial gamble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom