XL Center Hockey Player Benches | The Boneyard

XL Center Hockey Player Benches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For years of Whaler hockey there was no room for the visiting backup goaltender on the visitors bench. I haven't been to enough Wolfpack/Whale games to see if they ever addressed this. Now with college hockey having player benches on opposite sides of the rink ... how will the XL Center address this? Will they be re-arranging the benches between UCONN and Wolfpack games?

Reaction Score
For years of Whaler hockey there was no room for the visiting backup goaltender on the visitors bench. I haven't been to enough Wolfpack/Whale games to see if they ever addressed this. Now with college hockey having player benches on opposite sides of the rink ... how will the XL Center address this? Will they be re-arranging the benches between UCONN and Wolfpack games?

It's not an absolute NCAA requirement that player benches are on opposite sides of the rink... There is an optional approved layout. See below:

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/rules/fielddiagrams/IceHockey.pdf

Reaction Score
Thanks hmd. I was wondering if bench modification would eat into the budget for the upgrades ... obviously not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom