Xbox gets ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, and ESPN | The Boneyard

Xbox gets ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, and ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I assume you'll need a participating cable carrier? Mine is somewhat smallish, hence I'm never able to have access to ESPN3.com, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I assume you'll need a participating cable carrier? Mine is somewhat smallish, hence I'm never able to have access to ESPN3.com, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First it was no. Then it was yes. Then it was some cable internet providers are working on separate plans to include ESPN steaming with certain High speed Internet plans. NFL will be subscription without a sponsoring cable provider (like NetFlix) etc.

It's all good. A la carte is coming quicker than I thought. We;ll see many packages. XBox is selling ads which might add another dimesnion to lowering costs of access.

It was a good show for Microsoft. They have me believing when the all new XBox is unveiled in 2013 it will be a blow away media center

Reaction Score
usually a couple times a year if you watch deal sites you can find yearly gold memberships as low as $36-40

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
During its E3 2012 keynote, Microsoft announces full access to ESPN channels, including ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, and ESPN

http://news.cnet.com/1606-2_3-50125743.html?tag=cnetRiver

The a la carte streaming stakes are getting higher.

NHL channel, MLB, etc.

No pricing yet (that I found)
As I glance at the PS3 and Wii gathering dust beneath my TV, the XBox sure starts looking like a better and better option.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Right now, that doesn't look like anything that will move the needle much - it's actually fairly dopey.

It's going to be available to people who already have cable television service through FiOS, Time Warner and a couple of others. In addition to that subscription, you need a Microsoft XBOX Live Gold subscription in order to watch that very same content on your XBox.

It's anti-cord cutting...it actually requires a second subscription to see something you already pay for and already get. And you get to put a big duck*ing ugly-ass video game console into your living room. Ah, no - I'll wait.

Microsoft just wanted to put ESPN into a press release.

Reaction Score
not true. if you have no cable, or basic cable you can still use the services if they are provided through your isp (like att).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
not true. if you have no cable, or basic cable you can still use the services if they are provided through your isp (like att).

No - you need a video subscription.

It's like HBO Go in that your ability to use it is tied to your subscription provided by the cable company. When you log in, you will use your ISP credentials which will then be verified against your video subscription.

Reaction Score
Ahh, I was assuming it was an extension of Xbox's current ESPN app which is ESPN3. Then again ESPN3 is an exclusively online channel so that makes sense i guess that regular ESPN couldn't just be added on.

I know from personal experience with not having cable that you can use ESPN's current XBOX app with only an ISP, and watch every uconn game that wasn't being broadcasted on CBS or SNY (aka regular, the duece, the U).

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
PS3 still has Blu Ray. I have both and since reading this thread I turned on my 360 for the first time in a while and didn't see anything new. Do I need to update anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
that video in the link said the new espn xbox programming doesnt roll out until later this year. but in order to access the current app, you shouldnt need an update (although it doesnt hurt to be on the current version of the xbox main page).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom