Xavier game replaced with Seton Hall 1/13 | The Boneyard

Xavier game replaced with Seton Hall 1/13

Reaction Score
Hip Hip Yay! O my hip hurts..
Mad The Internet GIF by MOODMAN

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great news indeed. I know fans are frustrated at all the cancelled/postponed games (imagine how the players feel!!!), but I've seen a few comments like "Geno just needs to schedule more games".

I know not a lot of people have said that... Anyway, there was a press interview with him of about 20-25 media members where Geno addressed that.

He said (paraphrasing) that he's constantly trying. He and Jeff Walz have been talking for weeks, but every time they get close to a date, the ACC or Big East reschedules a game for one or the other and it's not workable.

For the cancelled Baylor game, he said that "we have a chartered plane scheduled to leave at 3 (I think Tuesday) so if any of you can get a game scheduled, we are ready to go". Obviously, it's not that easy to just flip a switch and get a game.

He even asked how many people were on the call and was told 25 or so. He said "well if all of you want to suit up, we can play you guys. I don't care how good you are or who plays PG etc. My team wants to play". I know that's not his exact quote - I'm going off memory - but it was something like that.

Clearly he and the team want to play anyone at any time, but it's not as simple as some might think...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Great news indeed. I know fans are frustrated at all the cancelled/postponed games (imagine how the players feel!!!), but I've seen a few comments like "Geno just needs to schedule more games".

I know not a lot of people have said that... Anyway, there was a press interview with him of about 20-25 media members where Geno addressed that.

He said (paraphrasing) that he's constantly trying. He and Jeff Walz have been talking for weeks, but every time they get close to a date, the ACC or Big East reschedules a game for one or the other and it's not workable.

For the cancelled Baylor game, he said that "we have a chartered plane scheduled to leave at 3 (I think Tuesday) so if any of you can get a game scheduled, we are ready to go". Obviously, it's not that easy to just flip a switch and get a game.

He even asked how many people were on the call and was told 25 or so. He said "well if all of you want to suit up, we can play you guys. I don't care how good you are or who plays PG etc. My team wants to play". I know that's not his exact quote - I'm going off memory - but it was something like that.

Clearly he and the team want to play anyone at any time, but it's not as simple as some might think...

You have it right Eric. I heard it the same way.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Does anyone know, if the girls played the male practice players in a real game, who would win? Would it be a competitive game?

Reaction Score
Of course, this will be a great game between the Entire UCONN Team (players and coaches) vs. the Entire Seton Hall Team (players and coaches), and that should be the sole focus for all. (But, there are a few interesting side notes to this game. A: Will Lauren Park Lane be a factor in this game, as she was in the first meeting. B: The first opportunity for a Geno coached team going up against his former player in AEH and the intrigue behind that. C: Aubrey Griffin going up against both of her former High School Teammates in Andra Espinoza-Hunter and Kailah Harris. - SHOULD MAKE FOR A VERY INTERESTING GAME INDEED

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
SNY 4:30 game Jan 13 YES YES YES

TORRS—The UConn women's basketball team will host Seton Hall on Wednesday, Jan. 13, in Gampel Pavilion at 4:30 p.m. The game will be televised on SNY.

The Pirates were previously scheduled to travel to Storrs on Feb. 10.

UConn was previously scheduled to travel to Xavier next Wednesday, but the Musketeers announced a pause in team activities due to contract tracing yesterday.

UConn and Seton Hall previously faced each other on Dec. 15, when the H=uskies picked up a 92-65 win in South Orange, N.J.

Reaction Score
Will SNY broadcast it...how about for those out of market area? :rolleyes:
Woah woah woah one step at a time. We haven’t even made a separate thread for who will start and how [insert player] needs to step up yet and you’re already on broadcasting? :p

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Your Day in Women’s Basketball, January 8: Covid cancelations piling up in the Big East​

A busy end to the week in women’s basketball -

Remember when the wubble games got canceled? Neither do I. The logistics of a regular college season are hard enough in a normal year, but Erica Alaya breaks down in her Big East piece the importance of remembering that these are student-athletes. At what point does health and education come before the constant cancellation and risk of playing games during a pandemic?

[LINK]

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A BIG thank you is due to SH HC Anthony Bozzella for his willingness to alter his schedule. I know that he and Geno are good friends, but it’s never easy to agree to play UConn WBB on short notice.

Reaction Score
But this means I have to leave work early so I am home by 4:30. Somehow I will force myself to do it. The sacrifices I have to make for this team. Thank God for this game. I can see now why NCAA said this year won't count as a year of eligibility. No one is getting in anything near a full season. Each game is a blessing. I just hope we can make it through some sort of regular season, and then get to a somewhat safe bubble for the NCAA tourney. I assume the Big East tourney is already set up as a bubble.

Reaction Score
For us non-SNYers, we just lost a live Huskies TV game since the original Feb. 10 game was scheduled to be broadcast on CBS Sports Network.

Reaction Score
Pretty cool. Props to Seton Hall and for the ADs of both programs are getting this done. Nice work by all.

Reaction Score
Pretty cool. Props to Seton Hall and for the ADs of both programs are getting this done. Nice work by all.
Since the BE, like all conferences, wants to play as many games as possible, I wonder how much influence the BE had for the rescheduling this game and others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom