Xavier Coach Marinan Resigns | The Boneyard

Xavier Coach Marinan Resigns

Reaction Score
Anyone got the scoop on this? Very curious as to why

Reaction Score
An amazing football coach and true leader of men. Sad day for the falcons..will take 10 steps back without him at the helm. Hopefully he is going to UCONN!

Reaction Score
Can we move this to the main football forum? I believe it needs more attention. Big deal in CT

Reaction Score
An amazing football coach and true leader of men. Sad day for the falcons..will take 10 steps back without him at the helm. Hopefully he is going to UCONN!
have you heard anything as to why?

Reaction Score
my circles say it had something to with his relationship with the AD.
On the rumor front, I heard Jeff Bevino (current Foran, former Milford Academy/ND-Ffld coach) as a possible replacement.

I'd be shocked if Bevino left Foran, but it's definitely a step up for him

Reaction Score
my circles say it had something to with his relationship with the AD.
On the rumor front, I heard Jeff Bevino (current Foran, former Milford Academy/ND-Ffld coach) as a possible replacement.

AD's son has been on the staff and repeatedly pushed up the ranks. Such a shame as Marinan has put his heart and soul into the program and impacted so many players and kids in a positive way. He built an amazing culture of winning and brought the absolute best out of his players. Any one of them would run through a brick wall for him. AD is a whiny baby who failed miserably as football coach after McHugh.

Reaction Score
Have to think he is going to take a college gig. He not only resigned as coach but also resigned as a teacher. You don't do that unless you have a nice job lined up.

Reaction Score
My info says he called the team a "bunch of Pu**y's as well as some other choice words. That got him the suspension for the Chesire game. Also heard the same about the AD's kid wanting to move up the coaching ladder and Marinan wasn't on board with it.

Reaction Score
My info says he called the team a "bunch of Pu**y's as well as some other choice words. That got him the suspension for the Chesire game. Also heard the same about the AD's kid wanting to move up the coaching ladder and Marinan wasn't on board with it.

I'd resign too if that is what I was suspended for. Oof.

Reaction Score
That's straight up ridiculous! What are those parents gonna do if their kids end up playing ball in college somewhere? Never mind the fact Xavier is a private school and most likely those parents sent their kids there to play football. You don't like the coach and his methods...take your kid out of there and send him to your local public school.

Reaction Score

Parents these days are just too soft and, as the article stated, "live in a Barney world". The same world where we hand out 5th, 6th, 7th etc. place trophies so that everyone feels good. That kind of BS makes people soft.

Are these kids playing football or tiddly winks?

Man up and get tough!

Reaction Score
Diaco and/or Benedict should reach out and talk to him.

This is a GREAT idea. We really need more good coaches who truly know and have great CT football connections. Marinan would do well at UCONN.

With this being said I doubt that Fiasco would make this wise move as he is busy keeping friends on the staff.

Reaction Score
This is a GREAT idea. We really need more good coaches who truly know and have great CT football connections. Marinan would do well at UCONN.

With this being said I doubt that Fiasco would make this wise move as he is busy keeping friends on the staff.

Like PP?

Kidding aside, I love marinan. He is a fantastic coach and could easily see him doing well on the uconn staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom