X-FILES... | The Boneyard

X-FILES...

Reaction Score
Loved the original. The new 6 episode mini-series is hokey, but I put up with it because Duchovny & Anderson work so well together. Last night's penultimate episode & the ensuing preview of next week's finale gave insight as to where the writers are going. Two new FBI agents were introduced, Agents Miller (younger clone of Mulder) & Einstein (ditto for Scully down to the flaming red hair). As these agents are in the final 2 episodes, they will either take over the X-Files, thus allowing Mulder & Scully to ride off into the sunset & allow the show to have final closure, or they are being introduced as the successors for a new X-Files show a la Major Crimes replacing The Closer.

Reaction Score
Loved the original. The new 6 episode mini-series is hokey, but I put up with it because Duchovny & Anderson work so well together. Last night's penultimate episode & the ensuing preview of next week's finale gave insight as to where the writers are going. Two new FBI agents were introduced, Agents Miller (younger clone of Mulder) & Einstein (ditto for Scully down to the flaming red hair). As these agents are in the final 2 episodes, they will either take over the X-Files, thus allowing Mulder & Scully to ride off into the sunset & allow the show to have final closure, or they are being introduced as the successors for a new X-Files show a la Major Crimes replacing The Closer.

I loved the original version of the X-Files. I agree with your thinking, but I don't think it will work. If there is a new show I will give it a try, but I have low expectations.

Reaction Score

I could watch an episode of the old X-files with the sound turned off just to see Gillian Anderson for an hour.

Reaction Score
Don't know what to make of the finale's cliffhanger ending.

Reaction Score
Don't know what to make of the finale's cliffhanger ending.

Reaction Score
Is this worth watching?

If you watched and enjoyed the original X-Files then yes.

If you never watched it then no. I enjoyed it but not all of the episodes were good.

Reaction Score
If you watched and enjoyed the original X-Files then yes.

If you never watched it then no. I enjoyed it but not all of the episodes were good.

I loved the X-Files until they replaced Mulder with the Terminator. Then I just stopped. One more question---is it a bunch of one-off episodes or does it return to the conspiracy? The latter is what would drag me back.

Reaction Score
One more question---is it a bunch of one-off episodes or does it return to the conspiracy? The latter is what would drag me back.

It does return to the conspiracy somewhat. There is two, one-off episodes. It is hard to say if there is enough of the conspiracy to bring you back though.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I loved the X-Files until they replaced Mulder with the Terminator. Then I just stopped. One more question---is it a bunch of one-off episodes or does it return to the conspiracy? The latter is what would drag me back.

It returns to the conspiracy. The smoking man is in a couple!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom