WVU Schedule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WVU Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SMU beat TCU and Pitt last year and that program is just getting off the ground. Boise's performance the last 6 years is much more impressive than TCU's or Baylor's.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
TCU, Baylor and K State were better last year than the 4 Big East teams. Of course TCU and Baylor need to replace key losses, but there's more brand value with them than the Big East schools.

That was their 2006 equivalent. Only UT/OU have had long term success and both had disappointing years. I suspect only OSU will be able to back up their recent success due to the influx of Pickens support but they will still be third for at least a while longer. TCU's ceiling in the B12 is to replace A&M.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Let me add one more thing. Was anyone here more excited by the UConn games against Baylor than the games against Rutgers?

I know I wasn't.

This is a really great point and it is a core issue where I think college football is really missing the boat. College football, other than for a small number of programs (read ND) is still driven by regional fan support. The realingment taking place is largely ignoring this fact. You ignore your customer at your peril.....

Reaction Score
When the whole Pitt/Syr thing happened I felt like we would be okay as long as we were still linked with WVU. Understand their reasoning for moving on, but the way in which they went about this was not expected and completely tarnished the image I have of their program and the university. Classless.

Where I have rooted for WVU to win (like that classic game against Miami several years back or the loss against Pittsburgh just a few seasons ago for a spot in the NC). Never again. They are now even with if not lower than BC... I hope the Big12 falls apart when the Pac12 comes calling and WVU is one of those programs that is left behind on an island.

Reaction Score
I hope you don't mind me saying, but Iron Maiden is overrated in the Dickenson years! Di'Anno years were great.

No argument here about Di'Anno's talent and the first two albums. Number of the Beast was the peak for the new line-up, they lost me with No Prayer. Di'Anno's range is something that is lost on people who got into the later Maiden. Remember Tomorrow is my favorite from that era.

Reaction Score
Use to be a big Eer fan. They now rank right up there with BC for programs I hope go right into oblivion. They handled this whole thing horribly and I can only believe they are an institution with leadership without any moral fiber.

duck* them!

Absolutely, 1000%, this!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They added two games against traditional programs per year TX/OU. That's it. That is what it takes to create "conference stability".

And people wonder why some of us blame ND for the demise of the BE.

A BE with ND WVU VT BC Pitt Syr Miami RU would have eventually added Uconn UL Cincy and Navy to get to 12.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
If ND had joined we may well have been able to aim far higher than UL, Cincy & Navy to fill out the conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom