WVU Response To My Email | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WVU Response To My Email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Preliminary discussions of possible expansion is now a certainty?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
And if that person felt comfortable enough to acknowledge expansion is on the table, that speaks volumes.
That person would be an admin with a boilerplate response. Again, just me being cynical and not suggesting I know what I'm talking about.

Reaction Score
That person would be an admin with a boilerplate response. Again, just me being cynical and not suggesting I know what I'm talking about.
I did send the email to some assistants in the AD department so I feel like if it wasn't actually him then they would have either not answered at all, or it would have come from one of the assistants emails.

Reaction Score

I don't think the email means much of anything, but no, the boilerplate response is not going to be one that acknowledges potential conference expansion.

Reaction Score
While it is generally boilerplate, the fact that the language "preliminary stages of discussing possible expansion" were used instead of something more generic and noncommittal like "We always seek ways to improve our conference" or something to that effect does mean something. The language used states that steps are being taken to consider expansion, that's not insignificant.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Based on what we've read so far: Oklahoma and WVU for expansion, probably looking east. Texas against expansion. 7 more unknowns. KSU might be okay with UConn if expansion goes forward, but I'd want to see something more than a polite tweet.

Reaction Score
Not to throw water on this feel good threat but.......My guess is that someone likely reads Lyons email before it gets to him, weeds out random inquiries and responds for him.
Don't become jaded. My bet is that response came from Lyons himself. You'd be surprised how many "important people" actually answer the phone when you call. Dooley's response back was perfect.

Reaction Score
Here on the boneyard, we are the exact opposite of this guy...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Based on what we've read so far: Oklahoma and WVU for expansion, probably looking east. Texas against expansion. 7 more unknowns. KSU might be okay with UConn if expansion goes forward, but I'd want to see something more than a polite tweet.
My guess is that Kansas would probably welcome us.

Reaction Score
While it is generally boilerplate, the fact that the language "preliminary stages of discussing possible expansion" were used instead of something more generic and noncommittal like "We always seek ways to improve our conference" or something to that effect does mean something. The language used states that steps are being taken to consider expansion, that's not insignificant.
To be honest, while the response back was nice-I don't believe it warrants any real excitement. The majority of people already know that if the vote doesn't go the way the Big12 wants, they will be forced to expand as it would put the Big12 at a huge disadvantage in the college football landscape (both on the recruiting trail and future tv contracts). While they may not like the idea of splitting the money with another two schools, if they don't expand and have a playoff they will possibly be left out of several future college playoffs all because of no conference championship. This will kill the recruiting for the Big12 schools as top recruits will want to play in conferences that have the better shot at making the playoffs and playing for a national championship. This will also effect future tv deals as they would be the only P5 conference without a championship game.

If the response was something along the lines of 'Thank you for all the information about your fine institution and it is very reassuring that UConn has such a loyal and committed fan base. While UConn not only brings a great athletic department to the table, it also brings a top tier academic institution to the table. We have just begun discussing the possiblility of future expansion of the Big12.'

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

TuxedoYoda Flug and various hillbillies have built "careers" on less!

Reaction Score
aburks41 said:
So I sent @Dooley 's UConn report to a few Big 12 schools a few days ago and just received this response from Shane Lyons who is the athletic director at WVU! I cannot believe I got an actual response from someone that important in the process haha. GO Huskies!

Congrats bro you now have more WVU inside sources than all Twitter-based WVU B12 insiders combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom