WVU Response To My Email | The Boneyard

WVU Response To My Email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So I sent @Dooley 's UConn report to a few Big 12 schools a few days ago and just received this response from Shane Lyons who is the athletic director at WVU! I cannot believe I got an actual response from someone that important in the process haha. GO Huskies!
Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 1.25.56 PM.png

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That's great! Kudos to WVU AD Lyons for taking the time to craft up a response. He didn't have to do that. Very classy on his part. That doesn't surprise me...I'll always associate WVU with class after what they did for our team in the first game after Jasper Howard's murder.

Reaction Score
You could just copy and paste the text.
Alex

Thank you for the information about UConn. Please understand that the Big 12 Conference and the athletic directors are just in the preliminary stages of discussing possible expansion. I appreciate your passion for your fine University.

Shane LyonslDirector of Athletics and Associate Vice President

West Virginia University l Intercollegiate Athletics

PO Box 0877 l Morgantown, WV 26507-0877

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Something very important to notice in that email is that the Big 12 IS considering expanding (it seems like it is no longer just a topic). That is HUGE.

Yup, contrary to what that Texas writer told Matt for his story yesterday. It would be hard to imagine the B12 continuing to sit at 10 if they are told by the rest of the power conferences that they need to play a championship game.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that I definitely need to respond to the email thanking them for taking the time to read it and respond, but does anyone have any input on how I should phrase the email/what I should say in response?

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The tell there is that they are in discussions... Bowlsby downplays it every chance he gets. I think if the vote doesn't go their way, they go to 12.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that I definitely need to respond to the email thanking them for taking the time to read it and respond, but does anyone have any input on how I should phrase the email/what I should say in response?
Simple and short like you just wrote here. A polite thank you for taking the time to respond, we would be honored to be affiliated with WVU and the Big 12 Conference.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
And you should probably add an exclamation point to the title of this thread.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't thank a thank you.

Reaction Score
Are you guys certain that Cuse grad Thamel wasn't trolling UConn fans?

Reaction Score
Dooley ‏@DooleyMcStitch 1m1 minute ago
@WVUADLyons You are a class act, Mr Lyons. UConn fans always associate WVU w/class after 10/24/09. https://youtu.be/Rn5F6Y__hZM
Brings back memories. Loved how WVU and every team we visited after that treated our guys and fans.

Good old Endres... if only marijuana was legal. Loved having him under center. Great play action, threw a very catchable ball that hit WR's in stride. He couldn't avoid a sack worth a damn, but when he had time to sling it, he was solid. The good old days where we could score some points... may they soon return.

Reaction Score
Very classy of WVU ad to respond to the email. WVU was the class of the old BE. They carried the conference for a while when BE was down in the gutters. I will never forget WVU's game against Georgia in 2006. It was one of the best college football games ever.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Not to throw water on this feel good threat but.................My guess is that someone likely reads Lyons email before it gets to him, weeds out random inquiries and responds for him.

Reaction Score
Not to throw water on this feel good threat but.......My guess is that someone likely reads Lyons email before it gets to him, weeds out random inquiries and responds for him.
And if that person felt comfortable enough to acknowledge expansion is on the table, that speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom