WV Court telling parties to mediate settlement | The Boneyard

WV Court telling parties to mediate settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dez shared the info reported by Dick Weiss that the court in WV has told the parties to mediate a resolution before going to next court date. Seems like standard practice. Weiss was in dicating that very stiff penalties that could be paid by both the team and the league could be in play to allow then out for 2012. I for one would be in favor of that if the compensation was high enough to dissuade other teams and conferences from making the early exit. This resolution could make or break our conference if we don't come out on the winning end.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2012/02/west-virginia-tries-to-speed-up-move-to-big-12

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
A better solution would be for WV to pay the BIG 12 for any lost TV money for.not playing this year. My estimate on that figure? $0. That would allow the BE to allow a fair settlement for 2013 along with the other two escapees.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
WVU to depose 8 in Big East suit
The Dominion Post
WVU attorney Stephen LaCagnin gave notice of plans to depose the following people in the university’s lawsuit against the Big East, according to a document filed in Monongalia County Circuit Court: John Marinatto, Big East commissioner; Nicholas V. Carparelli, Jr.; Gregory H. Williams, president of the University of Cincinnati and Big East board of directors member; James R. Ramsey, president of the University of Louisville and Big East board of directors member; Judy Genshaft, president of the University of South Florida and Big East board of directors member; Richard L. McCormick, president of Rutgers and Big East board of directors member; Susan Herbst, president of the University of Connecticut and Big East board of directors member; and Thomas R. Odjakjian. Dates for the depositions have not yet been determined. On Oct. 31, WVU sued the Big East in Monongalia County for early withdrawal from the conference so the university could join the Big 12 Conference and start playing in that conference next football season. A few days later, the Big East filed its own lawsuit in Rhode Island, contending that conference bylaws require at least a 27-month notice for withdrawal. Both lawsuits are still pending.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Big East to depose heads of ESPN, BIG 12, West Virginia University, University of Texas, and Boston College.

But they are not possibly that smart.

Reaction Score
Oh boy, I hope this doesn't settle. Please please please! This could be a lot of fun . . .. Absoulutely no reason for the BE to settle. Have some cahunas!

Reaction Score
Big East to depose heads of ESPN, BIG 12, West Virginia University, University of Texas, and Boston College.

But they are not possibly that smart.

The Big East is scared of making a mortal enemy of ESPN. That's why they pulled their punches in their countersuit. Go read the pleadings. Big East depends on ESPN to exist.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Big East is scared of making a mortal enemy of ESPN. That's why they pulled their punches in their countersuit. Go read the pleadings. Big East depends on ESPN to exist.

If they make enemies of ESPN, ESPN will walk during the negotiation period. With nobody to negotiate against, NBCU will be able to lowball the conference and there will be nothing the Big East can do about it.

It amazes me that there are people who still do not understand this.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
If they make enemies of ESPN, ESPN will walk during the negotiation period. With nobody to negotiate against, NBCU will be able to lowball the conference and there will be nothing the Big East can do about it.

It amazes me that there are people who still do not understand this.

As much as it pains me to say, I'd take less money to stay on ESPN if they agreed to promote the league more. NBC can't touch them in terms of providing non-game exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01