WTIC Sports talk | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WTIC Sports talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No my position is that you don't judge recruiting in college football by the small percentages of your classes that go to the NFL...

And... things like your win-loss record in ACTUAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES is more instructive since you are recruiting to WIN COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES.

See thread about our record vs the rest of the AAC.

Reaction Score
Last night Gresh had some talking head analyze American Conference recruiting classes.

Apparently Houston had "one of the top classes" in the country.not just the American. I have no animosity towards their program ,,,,,,,, they are winners, quite exciting to watch and have a preseason top ten ranking. Not hard to sell their program to recruits and P5' Speculation as to them being the next team cherry picked may not be a stretch. Certainly any P5 conference would not have a hard time selling their games to TV sponsors,

Apparently Temple did quite well also..another explosive, exciting team to watch.

What about UConn? "Since going FBS, historically UConn has mostly recruited FCS talent, with hopes of possibly upgrading skill set." He went on to say he was surprised Rose even signed with UConn.

Devastating to hear as a fan, but maybe not too much of a stretch from the truth. Yes UConn has had some "icons" pass through the ranks and go to the NFL. But not too many, and none became NFL stars or household names.....yet.

Hoping HCBD can change program and perception with all my heart.....but as history of 15+ years has shown, it won't be easy'

How can we change the perception if someone like you is bemoaning that our NFL players are "not too many." Compared to whom? BAma? Florida? Ohio State? Compared to everyone else in the Northeast -- our peers, like BC, Syracuse, PItt, and Rutgers -- we more than hold our own getting players to the NFL.

So please ask yourself what the problem is, and in doing so look in the mirror. Because if you accept a stupid narrative, that is not on the narrators.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Top 25 team that keeps it's coach usually recruits well.

If RE stayed in 2011, we would have had an even better class than we did.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Based on what? An all time FBS record well under .500?

Must be those great players combined with bad coaching

This isn't that hard.

Based on the recruiting rankings and the quote from the OP, we should be playing at a I-AA level. Even with your "well under .500 zOMG" nonsense, we're still significantly better than that. Just because we're not a powerhouse doesn't make the OP's quote correct.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This isn't that hard.

Based on the recruiting rankings and the quote from the OP, we should be playing at a I-AA level. Even with your "well under .500 zOMG" nonsense, we're still significantly better than that. Just because we're not a powerhouse doesn't make the OP's quote correct.

I didn't reply to the original post and you can shove your ZOMG edit up your a**.

Reaction Score
Oh good someone is going to burn their first post trying to give me background on the football program.

Thanks!!!!!

The bigger question is whether someone whose first post is exalting Palatine should be immediately banned for life before he causes real damage. (LOL)

Reaction Score
Gresch's guest is an employee of Rivals-home of the ignominious Mike Farrell. That's all you need to know. Gresch had him on the show pre-National Signing Day & was impressed with his so-called knowledge, so he invited him back for a post signing day wrap up. Missable.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
These talks make me wish for football season that much more just because then if everyone is complaining there is an actually reason for it, unlike now which is plain old complaining

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Gresch's guest is an employee of Rivals-home of the ignominious Mike Farrell. That's all you need to know. Gresch had him on the show pre-National Signing Day & was impressed with his so-called knowledge, so he invited him back for a post signing day wrap up. Missable.

For those who don't know about him, Mike Farrell is a BC shill who claimed to be a recruiting guru. He could give Joey Chestnut a better run in a donut eating contest than pick out recruits and stars.

Reaction Score
Mike Farrell has been dumping on UConn recruiting classes since the program moved to 1A under Edsall. UConn could move to the B1G and beat tOSU or UM in the B1G title game then beat FSU and Alabama in the CFP to win the national championship and he would still dump on UConn recruiting....you can also add to that Lou Marinelli, John Marinelli and Marce Petruccio still would go to the ends of their being to keep their kids from going to UConn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The NFL says our recruiting is in the top half of the FBS. I'll believe them over some dudes in their basement watch film of HS players. That will be dropping as P's "better recruiting classes" finish up.

Reaction Score
da9.jpg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you are holding on to a handful of marginal NFL players propping up UConn's recruiting years ago more power to you. It's 6 years since UConn put a team on the field that was in the top half of the FBS. Blame whoever you like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom