Reaction Score
West Virginia
Expansion Rumors
Syracuse
Pitt
Expansion rumors
The contract
The acc thread

After all this over the past year or so and not one freaking post or comment today about realignment?
Either apathy has set in, Armageddon is happening, or everyone else found a life outside the boneyard...

Wtf?

Reaction Score
West Virginia
Expansion Rumors
Syracuse
Pitt
Expansion rumors
The contract
The acc thread

After all this over the past year or so and not one freaking post or comment today about realignment?
Either apathy has set in, Armageddon is happening, or everyone else found a life outside the boneyard...

Wtf?

Or dealing w/ the fallout from the hurricane?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you're bored, count the number of mentions of BE football on ESPN this weekend. Pitt's game against ND doesn't count.

Reaction Score
Most of the ESPN big wigs are on vacation so most of the realignment talk is on hold until next week.

Reaction Score
Too numb about realignment to care anymore. We have to make a go of this reconfigured Big East. The thought of UConn being ticketed to the ACC disgusts me. Going to the Mountaineer Realignment board (The granddaddy of realignment conspiracy theorists) & you find active discussion of possible Big-12 expansion. While I would LOVE to see UConn in that conference, WVa conspirists seem to covet only Rutgers & Louisville, & only if given the papal blessing by BEVO. They further surmise that if the B1G expands, it will target any of Maryland, UNC, G Tech, & Duke or Syracuse, which would only further dilute a possible UConn move to the ACC. So Why bother obsessing? Let's just improve this UConn football team & dominate this Big East to the point UConn being an attractive plum for picking the the realignment sweepstakes.

Reaction Score
Anyone read the ESPN book, "these guys have all the fun: Inside the world of ESPN"

Lots of interesting stuff in there on negotiations and where they've won and lost. Some people will say, " ESPN" but at the end of the day they're a business trying to turn a profit, they aren't out there trying to take over college athletics or to screw UConn.

Reaction Score
Anyone read the ESPN book, "these guys have all the fun: Inside the world of ESPN"

Lots of interesting stuff in there on negotiations and where they've won and lost. Some people will say, "**** ESPN" but at the end of the day they're a business trying to turn a profit, they aren't out there trying to take over college athletics or to screw UConn.
That UConn is screwed is just a side benefit. Most of the "talent" at ESPN doesn't want to be in Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Too numb about realignment to care anymore. We have to make a go of this reconfigured Big East. The thought of UConn being ticketed to the ACC disgusts me. Going to the Mountaineer Realignment board (The granddaddy of realignment conspiracy theorists) & you find active discussion of possible Big-12 expansion. While I would LOVE to see UConn in that conference, WVa conspirists seem to covet only Rutgers & Louisville, & only if given the papal blessing by BEVO. They further surmise that if the B1G expands, it will target any of Maryland, UNC, G Tech, & Duke or Syracuse, which would only further dilute a possible UConn move to the ACC. So Why bother obsessing? Let's just improve this UConn football team & dominate this Big East to the point UConn being an attractive plum for picking the the realignment sweepstakes.
Need new AD, FB coach, and a contract for KO.

Reaction Score
The talent isn't writing the checks.
No, but they are the mouth of ESPN that lots of people hear. If you think people are waiting for official statements, I've got a bridge for sale.

Reaction Score
unfortunately, we are so bad in FB we may no longer be attractive - Rutgers and Louisville probably next 2 to go. This is the worst possible time for the complete M. collapse of our football program.

Reaction Score
I am as frustrated as the next guy with the downward spiral UConn FB has entered, but do you really believe expansion is about winning teams. Is that why the ACC went after SU and Pitt last year?

unfortunately, we are so bad in FB we may no longer be attractive - Rutgers and Louisville probably next 2 to go. This is the worst possible time for the complete M. collapse of our football program.

Reaction Score
I am as frustrated as the next guy with the downward spiral UConn FB has entered, but do you really believe expansion is about winning teams. Is that why the ACC went after SU and Pitt last year?

Yes and no. The football strength of the ACC has taken a major hit and they surely recognize that taking better football schools might be a good idea. UConn better hope basketball gets us in eventually. We really need a sexy hire for football coach.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Lots of interesting stuff in there on negotiations and where they've won and lost. Some people will say, "**** ESPN" but at the end of the day they're a business trying to turn a profit, they aren't out there trying to take over college athletics or to screw UConn.

I found the section on the negotiations with the NHL particularly edifying and very relevant to the Big East's upcoming negotiations. After reading that, I was 100% convinced that the Big East would not be made any offers that would be remotely attractive by ESPN. They have no incentive to do so and they have an overwhelming amount of other inventory and limited space to show it in the near term. The only counter-argument I've heard that may have merit is that they may want to potentially prevent NBC a stronger foothold in college football, which, based on how ESPN perceives Big East football, is probably something they consider to be laughable. I can't imagine anyone at ESPN would consider Big East Football to be a foothold int he College Football for NBC any more than they would consider the Mountain West or the MAC to be a foothold.

Reaction Score
I think the BE is better than the MAC or MWC... Especially when you factor in bb, not very close. If anything, ESPN wants bb and would take FB as a throw in.
I don't think anyone is confusing the be with sec or big 10.

When the 14 and maybe 15 and 16 are named the be will be fine.

Reaction Score
I think the BE is better than the MAC or MWC... Especially when you factor in bb, not very close. If anything, ESPN wants bb and would take FB as a throw in.
I don't think anyone is confusing the be with sec or big 10.

When the 14 and maybe 15 and 16 are named the be will be fine.
B10 is not much better than BE this year. Pac 10 is and Big 12 but ACC/BE/B10 have lots of mediocre teams and few really good.

Reaction Score
So lets take our time and give HCPP another year or two ? There is no sense of urgency, none whatsoever. Uconn is gonna get left behind. MAAC anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom