WSJ - U.S. College Rankings | The Boneyard

WSJ - U.S. College Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Generally good news for UConn - although all of these rankings done by media sources are somewhat skewed. We rate at #109 over-all, including all private universities and small colleges. Not that CR decisions are based on quality of a school; ie. see Louisville, but we rate ahead of many Big 12 and ACC schools. see The Top U.S. Colleges

Just more evidence of the quality school UConn has become.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
If you're not first, you're last. Gotta do better.

Reaction Score
I just got a chance to look at these this morning, and I thought they track really well with what I know of the ratings done by Carnegie and others. This is so much better than USNWP and it wouldn't surprise me if the WSJ overtook USN in say 10 years time.

College Rankings

I'd note for instance that Buffalo is the top SUNY, well ahead of Clemson which is always ranked too high by USN. Boston U. is also ahead of Boston College, which makes perfect sense to me.

Reaction Score
I just got a chance to look at these this morning, and I thought they track really well with what I know of the ratings done by Carnegie and others. This is so much better than USNWP and it wouldn't surprise me if the WSJ overtook USN in say 10 years time.

College Rankings

I'd note for instance that Buffalo is the top SUNY, well ahead of Clemson which is always ranked too high by USN. Boston U. is also ahead of Boston College, which makes perfect sense to me.
I just tried the link and it is a pay link. Any chance you can let us know where UConn landed?

Reaction Score
I just tried the link and it is a pay link. Any chance you can let us know where UConn landed?

Use this back door method: Google these words in this order, wall street journal college rankings

Then click on the first non-ad link

UConn is #23, actually tied with Minnesota and Rutgers

Reaction Score
Use this back door method: Google these words in this order, wall street journal college rankings

Then click on the first non-ad link

UConn is #23, actually tied with Minnesota and Rutgers
Thanks...

Reaction Score
Both WSJ and USNWR are easily skewed and not really accurate. If any academic ranking is actually being considered for conference expansion, I would suspect that either QS World University Rankings or Times Higher Education World University Rankings are being used. They might even use Shanghai University Rankings, but that completely disregards anything outside of science and research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom