WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT) | The Boneyard

WR/TE/QB Jasen Rose (Southington HS CT)

THC

Reaction Score
Southington has a stud receiver that's an underclassmen. Seems like he could be a good slot receiver.

Reaction Score

Catches everything with his hands. I could see him playing FB/H-Back in a Husky uniform. Still has room to grow. Nice looking prospect, looks like another good athlete for HCBD.

Last edited:

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Catches everything with his hands. I could see him playing FB/H-Back in a Husky uniform. Still has room to grow. Nice looking prospect, looks like another good athlete for HCBD.

I could see him playing D End. Kid will likely be 250lbs by the time he graduates.

Reaction Score
TOS is mentioning that Jay Rose now has offers from UConn and BCU

Reaction Score
Did I read somewhere he will be playing QB this year or is that another kid on Southington?

Reaction Score
I thought so, which is interesting for sure. How does this affect his prospect status. Where does he project as a college athlete?

Reaction Score
I will be at the game at Fontana Field on Friday against Glastonbury. The Tomahawks are always a great test for the Knights. I'll give a report post-game.

Reaction Score
Watch the game on CPTV this Friday. He will be the QB next two years. Not sure if that is what Uconn is after him for, but either way he will be a top prospect for 2016 class.

Reaction Score
Was speaking to some of the Southington Gridiron Parents. Evidently Rose had a shoulder injury which kept him out of practice for 2 weeks. He reinjured it in the 3rd quarter as he was being tackled & came down on it hard. Prior to that he looked rusty early & then settled down running the Southington offense. Needs to work on timing with receivers. As a former tight end, he is tall & meaty. He had a penchant for running the ball this evening: Some were designed plays, others were due to breakdowns in the Knights offensive line.
Don't know the extent of the shoulder injury, but he was taken out of the game at that point & the #2 qb played for the rest of the contest.

Reaction Score
Rumor is Rose now has a full offer from West Virginia. Hate to see this one leave the state.

Reaction Score
The WV offer is true. And Danzz is correct, Iowa and Cuse are sniffing around him as well. Kid can play.

30-36, 360 yds, 6 TD, 1 rushing TD against New Britain Friday night.

81-112, 1018 yds, 16 TD's, 4 INT, 72% passing completion, 124.9 QBR, 254 yds/gm on the season in only 4 games. And he hadn't seen the fourth quarter until Friday night at New Britain.

Reaction Score
81-112, 1018 yds, 16 TD's, 4 INT, 72% passing completion, 124.9 QBR, 254 yds/gm on the season in only 4 games. And he hadn't seen the fourth quarter until Friday night at New Britain.
Obviously impressive #s, but are any of the opponents Southington's played to date this year any good? Again, specifically this year, not past years.

Reaction Score
Obviously impressive #s, but are any of the opponents Southington's played to date this year any good? Again, specifically this year, not past years.

Perfectly valid question. I don't think anyone would claim Simsbury and Manchester are powerhouses this year, but they are solid teams. Glastonbury and New Britain are very good teams this year. So his numbers aren't blown up by playing cupcakes. He has a big test this Friday against Hall. Both teams are 4-0. Should be a good game. Check the game out and watch him play. He has pocket presence, makes his reads and he can make some pretty nice throws. The kid is doing this and he only has 4 varsity games under his belt. He still has another year to play.

Reaction Score
What position will he play in college?

His offers right now are for TE, but don't be surprised when the offers begin to change to QB. He has only played 4 games at QB at the varsity level, so colleges won't offer him there until they see more. He played the last couple of years at TE and backed up Stephen Barmore, who just went on to play at Yale.

Reaction Score
His offers right now are for TE, but don't be surprised when the offers begin to change to QB. He has only played 4 games at QB at the varsity level, so colleges won't offer him there until they see more. He played the last couple of years at TE and backed up Stephen Barmore, who just went on to play at Yale.
In the article in Saturday's Hartford Courant on the New Britain game, it was said that up until last season, he's always been a qb, bat Southington has Steve Barmore at the position, so he played TE. With Barmore's graduation, Rose was moved back to his "natural" position.

Reaction Score
That's true. He played QB through youth and it's also my understanding that he played QB on the JV team while playing TE on varsity the past two years while Barmore was there. Friday will be a big game for him.

As we all know, this is still early in the process. The schools are all looking at many kids and the kids are looking at many schools. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. According to ESPN, UConn is looking at a 4 star QB out of NJ and a 4 star TE out of PA as of now, but no commits. UConn doesn't even have Rose on UConn's offer list.

Reaction Score
That's true. He played QB through youth and it's also my understanding that he played QB on the JV team while playing TE on varsity the past two years while Barmore was there. Friday will be a big game for him.

As we all know, this is still early in the process. The schools are all looking at many kids and the kids are looking at many schools. It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out. According to ESPN, UConn is looking at a 4 star QB out of NJ and a 4 star TE out of PA as of now, but no commits. UConn doesn't even have Rose on UConn's offer list.

An offer should be in his stocking, but hopefully extended well before then!

Reaction Score
An offer should be in his stocking, but hopefully extended well before then!

He already has an offer from UConn. Who knows why ESPN doesn't have it on their recruiting page. They also have Rose on the recruiting page, but none of his other schools listed. I don't know where they get information from or why this kid fell through the cracks on the website.

Reaction Score
The WV offer is true. And Danzz is correct, Iowa and Cuse are sniffing around him as well. Kid can play.

30-36, 360 yds, 6 TD, 1 rushing TD against New Britain Friday night.

Is it that really true he hasn't seen the 4th qtr until New Britain? If so, what happened in the Glastonbury game because that was only a 3 pt win for southington.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom