WR Shawwn Boose to Uconn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WR Shawwn Boose to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You never know how much he has actually worked on speed and explosiveness. Give him to the coaches for a year and see.

Love to hear: good route running, selling routes, great hands, smart receiver - and he played QB in HS.

Good find it seems. Welcome Shawwn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Is he a punter or just a placekicker? Usually the holder makes the throws on fake field goals. And can he run the wildcat?

place kicker. so the holder catches the ball, flips it back over his head, BP rolls out and hits a TE who broke free off the line.

Reaction Score
place kicker. so the holder catches the ball, flips it back over his head, BP rolls out and hits a TE who broke free off the line.
they could work on a direct snap as well

Reaction Score
Good find it seems. Welcome Shawwn.

FTR i believe it's Shawn with one w according to other stuff i've looked up about him. we really need to enable spell corrections in thread titles.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Looks like it was his lifelong dream to play for UConn!

"“I had nowhere else to go to be honest,” Boose said. “I wanted to continue playing football and that was the best place for me, or really left for that matter.”
Having a chip on your shoulder can be quite a motivator... glad to have him aboard!

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
He was good enough to get offered from Fresno State and Oregon State...good pick-up. Could be a Ryan Broyles/David Ball type.

Reaction Score
He was good enough to get offered from Fresno State and Oregon State...good pick-up. Could be a Ryan Broyles/David Ball type.
We need playmakers, and it's pretty clear to me the coaches have widened the search area to find them. The comment by his coach about him being a playmaker spoke volumes for me.

Reaction Score
The Boose thing is really weird. Maybe Boose had received interest but no offer, except as some have speculated, as a preferred walk on.

But Boose's announcement had a big write-up in the SD Union Tribune. Not like a boneyarder just tweeted it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dez says he did not commit to UConn. Wierd.....

interesting. fwiw his twitter says uconn football... gona have to wait and see now.

dez also says were looking at quinn as a te and de. this probably means def 1 more te in this class.

Reaction Score
Didn't make sense to me. I thought all the freshmen were already on campus taking classes. This kid is getting ready for an all star game in San Diego. Would not be surprised if he ends up being a walk on.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
2011 as a junior at UnderArmour combine: http://combines.underarmour.com/football/athletes/11688 (complete results: http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1197761 - he was #60)
Some track numbers: http://www.athletic.net/trackandfield/Athlete.aspx?AID=929050 (for comparison, Laray Smith is almost a second faster at 100 m and almost 3 seconds faster at 200 m)

As a QB he was probably spending a lot of time practicing things other than speed. I think he's got a big upside. We shall see.

For comparison, I was an average track athlete who grew up in Northern CA 25 years prior to Boose and I was much better than him at every single event. He's definitely not a speedster.

Reaction Score
He said it could be his last game in SD... Is''nt sDSU in the same league as uconn next year? Good chance he's playing in front of his home crowd I would think.
Wonder why SDSU wasn't an option?

Regardless, welcome aboard!

Reaction Score
Desmond Conner@desmondconner
@jerrywilson27 it's my understanding that the people who should know have never heard of him.

This was the response I received. I take it as the school is not aware of him or him coming aboard. Guess we'll have to wait and see on this episode of as the Boose turns! (Sorry couldn't help myself.)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Desmond Conner@desmondconner
@jerrywilson27 it's my understanding that the people who should know have never heard of him.

This was the response I received. I take it as the school is not aware of him or him coming aboard. Guess we'll have to wait and see on this episode of as the Boose turns! (Sorry couldn't help myself.)

This is the weirdest thing that I have ever heard of when it comes to college football recruiting. Most times, people are wondering is someone is going to accept a scholarship that they have been presented with, and in this case, it sounds like the kid is saying, "Hey, give me a scholarship!" Either that, or maybe his plan is to walk on. Who knows. Weird, though...

Reaction Score
This is the weirdest thing that I have ever heard of when it comes to college football recruiting. Most times, people are wondering is someone is going to accept a scholarship that they have been presented with, and in this case, it sounds like the kid is saying, "Hey, give me a scholarship!" Either that, or maybe his plan is to walk on. Who knows. Weird, though...
I had mentioned to Des about "walk on maybe" but nothing specific in the reply. I'm thinking that maybe the coaches can't comment on him until he is enrolled which wouldn't be until the fall even if he is a walk on or preferred walk on. I'm hoping thats the case with him because the kid has talent we could definately find room for.

Reaction Score
Even so, Des probably asked the question in such a way where the coaches could simply confirm via yes or no without having to mention the recruit by name.

Reaction Score
Boose played in the San Diego all star game last night. Looks like he scored a TD as a WR.

What's better than talking about mystery boose on a saturday night?

Reaction Score
Even so, Des probably asked the question in such a way where the coaches could simply confirm via yes or no without having to mention the recruit by name.
yeah probably so, it's just strange seeing that the kid himself has said he's coming, like I said I think we'll have to wait and see

Reaction Score
Looks like it was his lifelong dream to play for UConn!

"“I had nowhere else to go to be honest,” Boose said. “I wanted to continue playing football and that was the best place for me, or really left for that matter.”

That quote is so funny it makes me think he's going to have some success here or at least be a real character. I like honesty especially if there's some talent to go with it. Go for it Shawn Boose and show the doubters you can win here!

A little strikethrough edit in case he's not actually on board yet.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

I was at the game, he broke atleast 3 kids ankles on the play. He was the best player on the field in the game.

My uncle coached Shawwn in HS, he isn't the biggest kid probably realistically 5'9 180 but he is a spectacular athlete who is fun to watch, he reminded me of a smaller Kenny Tinney he can change direction on a dime, runs a legit 4.4 and can make people miss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom