WR Keyion Dixon trying to get up to speed at UConn (J. Fuller) | The Boneyard

WR Keyion Dixon trying to get up to speed at UConn (J. Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The New Haven Register Blogs: Ramblings from The Runway: Dixon trying to get up to speed at UConn

>>The receiving position is an interesting mix at UConn with veterans Noel Thomas and Brian Lemelle joined by talented youngsters Tyraiq Beals, Hergy Mayala and Aaron McLean.

"You have to take heed at what the other guys tell you because they have been in the same position when they were a freshman," Dixon said. "They tell you all the do's and don't, you just have to learn from them, soak up all that you can. You have to be a sponge in your first couple of weeks and in your first year because they have been there before. They know what to tell you in order for you to succeed because we all want to win. All of our receivers there because they all have different skill sets that you can benefit from so you try to see what they are good at and implement into your game."

Dixon admits that the workout sessions run by Matt Balis "are kicking my butt."

"We had our first leg day so they made us lift and then run so I figured wow, they are really into this," Dixon said. "Once you lift it, OK let's go run, mentally you have to be focused for anything they can throw at you.

"You wake up at 5, you try to eat but it is hard when you have an hour to get ready and change. It is a workout from 6-7:30, you have to go to class until 8:15. My class schedule is 8:15-12:30, a rest period and go back and do practice."<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom