Wow | The Boneyard

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Clicked over to the women's board tonight and see the first 17 threads (without a pin) are not related to the current UConn women.

Was looking forward to some practice updates.Will check in later on Monday.

17 threads?!?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Your point? Did you head to a practice to give us an update? No? When you do let us know.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think everyone is looking forward to the season, unfortunately, there isn't a lot of information out there about current teams - any of them. They are in limited practices, looking forward to whatever they do to start the regular practice season.

Wonder if anyone blogs for UConn (sorry if its been mentioned, I don't always read threads that are primarily related to internal UConn stuff). Brittany Lapidis, who is a Senior at Rutgers, is blogging for this season, and has had 2 excellent posts; last year, I think Rushdan did the honors, I know Brittany Ray did her senior year. Excellent way for a team to connect to fans.

In case you don't recognize the name, BLap was one of the managers who were asked to walk on when we got so short handed 2 years ago, and Viv has kept her on the team, although she doesn't play very often.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I love that this board discusses EVERYTHING. Embrace the diversity.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
From far away in Beijing, I also wish there was a little more hard news about the team; I can't go to practices, but I surely will check up on Maya just as soon as she arrives.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Clicked over to the women's board tonight and see the first 17 threads (without a pin) are not related to the current UConn women.

Was looking forward to some practice updates.Will check in later on Monday.

17 threads?!?

On the other hand, the WNBA playoffs are going hot and heavy - CT Sun is on its way to the next level, but the Lynx lost to the Storm in double overtime last night to force a third game - it was a great game and all of these teams feature fabulous UConn Alumni - that's something to talk about...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Your point? Did you head to a practice to give us an update? No? When you do let us know.

My point was...I was looking forward to read some threads about our team. I don't do practices. Was surprised at the lack of threads. Tis all.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My point was...I was looking forward to read some threads about our team. I don't do practices. Was surprised at the lack of threads. Tis all.
:) I hear ya. But this is probably the most "boring" time of the year for UCONN fans. There are no US National teams to talk about (that the kids play on over the summer), no big recruiting news to speak of (which may come after the Oct super show), no official practices, and no games till November. It's sort of the dead time. The only thing going on for WBB is the WNBA finals.

Reaction Score
First night is in 10 days. At that point, the newspapers will start to cover the team, the froshies, the expectations for the season, and in short order will be the first exhibition game.

10 days...let the countdown begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits