Wow, there's another frosh Phenom | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wow, there's another frosh Phenom

Reaction Score
Dungee played a great game against UConn no doubt but her team was far more experienced than UConn at that point and it showed. For whatever reason (bad refs or just plain lousy play) UConn was saddled with tons of fouls making strong defense almost impossible. I would count Paige's 31 against the #1 team as bigger than 37 against a #3 or at least equal. Paige, Clark and Hailey Van Lith have been teammates on USA teams. That was where my opinion of who played best overall was generated.

Reaction Score
She has no say on what team Iowa plays. So you say that if Iowa never plays a number one team she can't be as good as Paige. Think about what you are saying. Until Paige scores 37 points against the number three or four team in the country she cannot be as good as Dungee.
I wasn't comparing Paige to anyone. In sports, there are different levels of competition and how you perform against the best is the correct yardstick.

Reaction Score
Here are links to some of the other Boneyard threads on Caitlin Clark over the last 72 hours:

Reaction Score
Here are links to some of the other Boneyard threads on Caitlin Clark over the last 72 hours:

To be honest, Paige has moved up a weight class and the NPOY discussions are far more interesting. Clark is putting up big numbers, but Paige is playing at a level in carrying her team to No. 1 that her name is right there for the best players in the country.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing on this board that such and such conference is so much better than the Big East. Guess we can't satisfy everyone. With so little out of conference action in this COVID year it is hard to really tell but I have watched a ton of basketball (not a lot of other things to do) and I have been not impressed with the big10 at all. A couple on the top are pretty good, same for the SEC or ACC or PAC12. Big East also has UConn, DePaul, SH, and maybe Villinova that also play pretty good basketball. Haven't seen a conference go any deeper than that. of course YMMV.
I think the exciting thing is....for those of us who have been drawn to women's BB for some time now....that there are more and more quality players and teams emerging. The number of " upsets" this year is record shattering, I am sure. It will make for the most exciting and unpredictable Big Dance, in years. I just wish everyone could be vaccinated and the arenas full of fans.

Reaction Score
I am sure Clark is a good player. But there should be no comparison to Paige until she defeats the #1 team in the country, makes the winning basket in that game and score 31 points. PERIOD.
How about Chelsea Dungee then?

Reaction Score
So the comparison between two Freshman stars, you want to add a 5th year senior? She had a great game against us us but makes no sense in this discussion.

Reaction Score
Paige and Caitlin are in two very different environments. Iowa's WCBB is a good product without any sustained national attention. Paige is the poster child of the #1 ranked team in the country.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Iowa has way more losses than UConn not because of Clark versus Paige, but because of who is surrounding them on the court.

In short, while Iowa has very good players on their roster, there are more top 30 HS players on UConn's bench (by my count--3) than Iowa has on their entire team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom