Wow! Temple has 33 commits thus far | The Boneyard

Wow! Temple has 33 commits thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And possibly a few more. They already snagged Dobbs and Matekevich. Now they're reporting former PSU QB Kevin Newsome is transferring to Temple and they landed a couple kids who decommitted from WVU. It looks like Addazio setting that program up for a big move. Possibly a conference change?

Reaction Score
Wow, you are just debbie downer today, huh?

Well...maybe expressed with a negative slant, but I think what he meant was that they can only take in 25 new recruits in any given year's class. So the additional 8 will have to find other ways to get in, whether it's prepping for a year or being preferred walk-ons. the other possibility is that Temple knows they will be getting some transfers out at the end of this semester. I'm not sure of the details here, but that could free up some 'ships.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
one or 2 may not qualify but the rest will be fine. tyler/mont and a couple others are jan kids which makes it easy to manage considering the small class the year before so they will have a full 25 over the summer and be just fine. great class for them.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Wow, you are just debbie downer today, huh?
Temple's academic standards aren't exactly at UConn's level. They've taken several kids who were not considered or couldn't get in at UConn due to grades.

Reaction Score
Well...maybe expressed with a negative slant, but I think what he meant was that they can only take in 25 new recruits in any given year's class. So the additional 8 will have to find other ways to get in, whether it's prepping for a year or being preferred walk-ons. the other possibility is that Temple knows they will be getting some transfers out at the end of this semester. I'm not sure of the details here, but that could free up some 'ships.

Exactly....I guess some people don't realize that 25 is the limit. I have no reason to be negative towards Temple...I could give a rat's ass about them (directed at Jeremiah)

If you think I have been negative Jeremiah then you have no clue. I stated facts today that only people who have been around the last 5 years would understand.

Reaction Score
Temple's academic standards aren't exactly at UConn's level. They've taken several kids who were not considered or couldn't get in at UConn due to grades.

Their standards are not exactly Hartford Public's!

Reaction Score

The best football conference in the country, the SEC, takes non-qualifiers as well. Each conference has full autonomy on accepting non-AQ athletes. Most BCS conferences don't, including the Big East. SEC schools are allowed to take two a year. They aren't allowed to play year one. They have three years of eligibility, but can earn a fourth by graduating within four years of their enrollment in the school. The SEC schools make a living off this. I would imagine the turnover rate is high because most of those kids have one foot in the NFL door. It makes sense to land some of those kids. If we could Dobbs would be in Storrs instead of Philly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom